Single In Single in October (SiO) 2021 - favourites

Name
Matt
As Karen and others have suggested, here's a thread for your personal favourite shot - or shots - from the Single in October 2021 challenge.

This isn't a mandatory part of the "Single in" procedings (yet), but I think most of us would appreciate your participation.

M.

As suggested, up to three images would be appropriate; I'll kick this off with my personal three ... sorry for being self-indulgent for a bit.

My clear favourite is the shot of the little negclected stone nymph - a shot I have tried several times over the years but never got right; she has changed appearance quite a bit over time, too - a worthy symbol as well as exactly the shot I wanted.

Z70_0283.jpg

Second is an image of serene simplicity that also nicely illustrates my gear choice: the "tiny leaf" portrait only the macro capabilities of the Z MC 105mm f/2.8 S made possible.

Z70_0260.jpg

The last image shows what I myself like best about my own style of shooting: Seeing images where there are "none" - paired with a little pareidolia here ...

Z70_0579.jpg

I know I got more spectacular shots - but these I particularily like ...

M.

OK, I'll join in. My theme: the good, the bad and the ugly of graffiti

0D7A1580.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)
0D7A1775.jpg
0D7A1892.jpg

I like this one in particular. A very nice and hilarious touch from the artist. Under a bridge. You wouldn't notice it normally

For me, that would be this one. The featured lamp is the model “Signaal”, an in house design by Raak, which was left behind by the previous owners of our house and the inspiration for my series. Next to that, I love the shadowplay in this image.

2021100220372555-8161195930031659218-IMG_1074-X2.jpg

Other featured Raak models:

The R-6 form by Dutch designer Nico Kooy:
2021100321263395--916636272542566481-IMG_1079-X2.jpg

The Fuga by the Finnish designer Maija Liisa Komulainen

2021103023194761--423635898469226103-IMG_1158-X2.jpg

I think I actually started to get a bit bored with using my phone about half way through the month. Well, frustrated rather than bored, I suppose. Anyway my three favourites are all from the first half of the month.
First, some grasses which caught the light very pleasingly:
20211004103049_picture.jpg

Then a lovely old set of doors, which hide a yard to a workshop:
20211008115059_picture.jpg

And lastly the atmospheric interior of one of the many bookshops in Hay-on-Wye:
20211012132454_picture.jpg

As suggested, up to three images would be appropriate; I'll kick this off with my personal three ... sorry for being self-indulgent for a bit.

My clear favourite is the shot of the little negclected stone nymph - a shot I have tried several times over the years but never got right; she has changed appearance quite a bit over time, too - a worthy symbol as well as exactly the shot I wanted.

Z70_0283.jpg

Second is an image of serene simplicity that also nicely illustrates my gear choice: the "tiny leaf" portrait only the macro capabilities of the Z MC 105mm f/2.8 S made possible.

Z70_0260.jpg

The last image shows what I myself like best about my own style of shooting: Seeing images where there are "none" - paired with a little pareidolia here ...

Z70_0579.jpg

I know I got more spectacular shots - but these I particularily like ...

M.
I really liked your results with the long lens this month, that first shot is particularly beautiful; something about the combination of camera and lens really has a subtle gentleness of rendering that reminds me of legacy lenses and film instead of digital sensors.

I think I actually started to get a bit bored with using my phone about half way through the month. Well, frustrated rather than bored, I suppose. Anyway my three favourites are all from the first half of the month.
First, some grasses which caught the light very pleasingly:
View attachment 276266
Then a lovely old set of doors, which hide a yard to a workshop:
View attachment 276267
And lastly the atmospheric interior of one of the many bookshops in Hay-on-Wye:
View attachment 276268
I really enjoyed your entries, I think compositionally they were even cooler than the cool filters you used ;)

Fun highlight-reel thread. It's interesting looking back over the month's posts. For my photos, there are a few days for which I now like my outtake(s) better than the image I selected that day. But here are my three faves of my own uploads, overall.

mpetersonphoto-20211022-_DSF7194-2.jpg

mpetersonphoto-20211012-_DSF6926.jpg

20211007-L1007352b.jpg

Getting down to three was really hard. This first one is the only one of the three that was easy. I've done more than a few reflection shots over the years, but the combination of rocks, trees, and colors in this one is just different.

_OMD0155.jpg

Normally one of my three favorites would include a classic New England stone wall. But I didn't manage to get any I really liked this time. But in the spirit of something old (cars, buildings, textiles, etc.) I think I like the old fence the most.

_OMD0015.jpg

Food, my cat, misc things? I have so many pictures of her, but I'm not sure I have one quite like this one so.

_OMD0024.jpg

Back