Single In Single in October (SiO) 2021: It's coming!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will try to jump in even though I suspect my October to be plenty busy. As for the gear, I guess the small but very effective combo of Fuji XE2 + TTArtisan 35mm f1.4 should be the obvious choice and a safe bet, allowing for versatility with it's normal FOV, close focusing ability and general IQ:
PICTOGRAMAX - 2021 - TTARTISAN 35mm f14 - MODELLING - 00.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

But then I remembered how I was very content in the end with the results obtained in our April Cameraderie challenge that I shot just with Jupiter 8 50mm f2 lens. So maybe I'll once again choose a bit harder way in order to dust-off another small Russian lens, this time an Industar 50-2, a 50mm f3.5 lens pictured on the right. I rarely, if ever, use it as I have several faster lenses :-( Which is a shame as I like it's rendering a lot. It might be fun to see what it could produce, even if a bit of sacrifice in light gathering and close focus capabilities would be the penalties.

PICTOGRAMAX - 2021 - TTARTISAN 35mm f14 - MODELLING - 06.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Not promising, but those are my thoughts for now.

Last edited:
I'm actually looking forward to using my crazy combo (the Z MC 105mm is a serious performer - and balances very well on the FX bodies) - but in the unlikely event that the Z 40mm f/2 arrives before or on the 1st of October, I might switch. I don't think it will, though. I'll let you know on September 30th ...

I can always use the Z 7 II with the 40mm f/2 for some (or most) "Today" shots ASAP - should be a lot of fun ... However, the body I'll use the 40mm on most of the time will be the Z 6. So ... I may swap bodies and do the challenge with the Z 7 II. Not intimidating at all - things work great even with my modest systems, my fear of the big files was completely unfounded.

M.

I'm in. Gear tbd. I'm thinking Pen F + Pan 14mm. I used an x70 in one challenge back on 2019, but not the Pen F+ P14 combo I bought to replace it when I consolidation my systems. I could do the E-M1.2 + Oly 75-300 since it's my least used lens, but the combo is pretty big for EDC. I have my PL8-18 for sale looking to pick up the Oly Pro 8-25. If I manage to pull off that switch I might give that a try.
Well it won't be the Pen F as it's on it's way to a new home tomorrow. It will most likely be an X100v as @gryphon1911 should be on it's way to me tomorrow.

I'm narrowing down my choice to either--
a) my new (to me) E-P5 + the Lumix 20mm
or
b) my equally semi-diminutive X30
Ultimate choice will depend on a few other factors - including the fact that I need to make an out-of-state/cross-country trip in the middle of the month, and am trying to decide which one would work better for me as a travel camera.
Decisions, decisions....

Well, I'll try to get my hands on the Z 40mm f/2 in time, so there may be another option.

But actually, I think shooting the Z MC 105mm f/2.8 would be more interesting - and more challenging for sure. So, while I might switch bodies (Z 6 to Z 7 II), I think I really should try sticking with the lens, combo size notwithstanding ...

Anyhow, I'll issue a "last call" for gear announcements come Monday ...

M.

Oh no, I’m vacillating. Maybe, instead of the A7Riii with the 45, I might go with the X-T30 and the 27. Very similar combinations but the Fuji is much smaller. I could also pick a film simulation. Eterna would be interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back