Single In Single in October (SiO) 2021 - outtakes day 1-8

Autumn colours.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

What's this filter called? I like the look and am amused by the names.
It's an Android phone app called Kultcamera. If you pay a small fee you get 4 different "cameras", each with a wide choice of film and lens simulations. I've rediscovered it after having used it a couple of years ago, and it can produce some really nice results. That particular image uses the "Liana F+" camera, "Dorian Gray" film, and the "Dirty ol' bastard" lens.

Another Day 5 Asian invasive, Lonicera maackii, Amur Honeysuckle. Don't mistake it for another Asian invasive with similar looking berries, Elaeagnus umbellata, Autumn Olive. While Autumn Olive berries are succulent and tart and one of my favorite Autumn woodland treats, the berries of Amur Honeysuckle will give you anything from a tummy ache all the way to vomiting, diarrhea, sweats, dilated pupils and arrhythmia. Yikes!

Day 5A.JPG

Day 5 Outtakes and Alternates:

Only two alternate images from my shooting in formerly devastated (and still not fully recovered) portion of my small Oregon down which survived the devastating wildfire from a year ago. First, a vertical version of my horizontally-framed official post for the day---

XPro3_Oct5_21_landscape_w-burned_truck(vertical).jpg

And second, a shot of the adjacent burned building, whose metal structure allowed it to survive the flames.

XPro3_Oct5_21_landscape_w-burned_building.jpg

I had problems picking and choosing one entry this day.

Back