Single In Single in October (SIO) 2021 - outtakes day 9-16

Sorry but I just have to join in the general chorus: your outtakes/alternates are SO damn cool, Bobby! I love the chicken! (though I'm not certain I'd want to encounter him at the wrong end of a feed trough), and your peppers are, simply, hot (in photographic terms as well). As a minor side note, you are really using your 90mm lens in ways which I think it was designed for (yet another of the many reasons why these shots are so cool).

Please keep your outtakes coming... they're worth the wait.

Sorry but I just have to join in the general chorus: your outtakes/alternates are SO damn cool, Bobby! I love the chicken! (though I'm not certain I'd want to encounter him at the wrong end of a feed trough), and your peppers are, simply, hot (in photographic terms as well). As a minor side note, you are really using your 90mm lens in ways which I think it was designed for (yet another of the many reasons why these shots are so cool).

Please keep your outtakes coming... they're worth the wait.
Thank you so very much, Miguel!! I really appreciate it.

Just after making the image that I posted as my submission for today, I tripped in the crosswalk and inadvertently pressed the shutter button as I stumbled. In some ways I like this better than my "select" - at the very least it gives me some ideas for future intentional camera movement images. Though I'll (hopefully) exclude the crosswalk antics next time.

View attachment 273095
This could be a real shot of the world being absorbed by a black hole. Good idea to take it in advance.

Alternate day 10
33FA3903-A996-401B-83A1-1558311B697A.jpeg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

My first thought for today's submission was a close-up of this giant puffball fungus I found growing in the woods. This is about the size of a football/soccer ball. But I didn't have as much time as I needed, and I didn't find the 35mm captures all that intriguing. The thing is kind of gross, anyway. If I had a different (macro, or at least sharper) lens, a tripod, a speedlight, and a little more time, I would have worked harder at creating something more interesting with this. But perhaps these are worth sharing as outtakes since the fungus is somewhat rare - at least around here.

mpetersonphoto-20211010-_DSF6877.jpg

mpetersonphoto-20211010-_DSF6878.jpg

What would have been more interesting is an action shot of someone kicking this, but I couldn't find any volunteers.

OK today was outtake city. I also encountered this old lady's silver tea set, on display in her home despite being wrapped up in plastic wrap. I presume this is so it won't tarnish(?). It also had a note on it, so that whomever ends up with it when she dies knows its origin. At least it will be shiny.

mpetersonphoto-20211010-_DSF6897.jpg

Day 11 Outtakes/Alternates:
A handful of other images from the suburban front yard where a Halloween Dracula lies in his earth (raised flower-bed) coffin.
First this overall, wider shot of more of the yard and the house---

XPro3_Oct11_21_Dracula's_front_lawn.jpg

Next, this closer shot of a bush in the front of the yard, festooned with spiderwebs, from which a zombie hand is emerging---

XPro3_Oct11_21_zombie_hands+Dracula.jpg

Actually, there was a pair of zombie hands, which are visible in this reverse angle---

XPro3_Oct11_21_zombie_hands_in_bush.jpg

And saving one of my other favorite shots, in the very foreground, right next to the sidewalk, a Skull and one bony hand jut up from another wooden-framed flower-bed---

XPro3_Oct11_21_skull+hand.jpg

I love the way normally quiet, staid, and relatively conservative homebodies... pull monster and skeletons out of storage, in jubilant honor of what is basically an ancient pre-Christian (some might say 'pagan') celebratory ritual.

This image seems so simple, Don - but for me, it's a great monochromatic photograph.
Your Q2 really renders beautifully.
Thanks Miguel. It has been nice to spend sometime with its raw files. Thanks for commenting. Have been inspired by and really enjoying everyone’s SIO images this year. So far the outtakes have been rather remarkable too.

Back