Single In Single in October (SIO) 2021 - outtakes day 9-16

S01-20211012-011.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Day 11 Outtakes/Alternates:
A handful of other images from the suburban front yard where a Halloween Dracula lies in his earth (raised flower-bed) coffin.
First this overall, wider shot of more of the yard and the house---

View attachment 273378

Next, this closer shot of a bush in the front of the yard, festooned with spiderwebs, from which a zombie hand is emerging---

View attachment 273379

Actually, there was a pair of zombie hands, which are visible in this reverse angle---

View attachment 273380

And saving one of my other favorite shots, in the very foreground, right next to the sidewalk, a Skull and one bony hand jut up from another wooden-framed flower-bed---

View attachment 273381

I love the way normally quiet, staid, and relatively conservative homebodies... pull monster and skeletons out of storage, in jubilant honor of what is basically an ancient pre-Christian (some might say 'pagan') celebratory ritual.
Halloween has been growing in popularity for years, but now folks of mainly Mexican heritage are contributing the other end of the Hallowsmas triduum, the Day of the Dead (All Souls Day). It clearly satisfies some fundamental need to think about the unknown things of life.

Day 12 Outtakes/Alternates:
More angles on my pair of skeletal Halloween musicians sitting on the front porch of yet another house in the town where I live.
I actually really liked this first shot of the series - my widest angle - showing house and yard as well as the twin skeletons---

XPro3_Oct12_21_skeleton_musicians#2.jpg

In my other angles, I moved a little closer---

XPro3_Oct12_21_skeleton_musicians#3.jpg

And then a little closer still---

XPro3_Oct12_21_skeleton_musicians#4.jpg

The last of these 'alternates' was another of my favorites, closer still, and changing my rectilinear perspective from horizontal to vertical---

XPro3_Oct12_21_skeleton_musicians#5.jpg

Outtakes/Alternates Day 13

I just have to repeat it again: these 'Outtakes' threads contain some very, very cool images.
I have two Alternate images for today.
The FIRST is almost the identical angle of my official post - but shifting the very narrow plane of focus from the silvered-metal top of the camera - to the opened (and perforated) film pressure plate. It's interesting how just moving the focus slightly, changes the feeling of the image (for me, at least).

XPro3_Oct13_21_Rollei35_open#2.jpg

The SECOND is a totally different angle - looking straight on, at the opened rear of the upright camera.

XPro3_Oct13_21_Rollei35_open#3.jpg

Honestly, I could have gone with any of these three today.

Back