Single In Single in September (SiS) 2023 - outtakes day 11-15

L2626363.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

M.

Day 15 - Outtake

Another shot of the same subjects - but this one taken with the GX9's internal monochrome jpeg setting, l.monochrome.d ...

GX9_Sept15_23_dinosaur+baby(those_lips,those_eyes).jpg

I'm not normally in the habit of titling my photographs lately, but for this one I have to break with tradition. Its title obviously should be:
"Those lips, those eyes"

Looking in the same directions from the same platform as Day 11 storm clouds. This time, images were shot with the camera level and no cropping or perspective correction.

North.
original.jpg

South.
original.jpg

Day 11 shots were taken with the camera pointed up to remove the intrusive ground clutter, which introduced a lot of keystoning that made my OCD twitch. These shots are exactly why I prefer telephotos for landscape most of the time out west. Around my location, finding a spot with an available view of the landscape in the distance is surprisingly difficult due to the amount and height of ground clutter. If I need wider I generally will take multiple shots and stitch. If there is nothing intrusive or ugly, or interesting foreground is available, I'll use a wide. But I really am not a fan of anything much wider than the 35mm FoV. Locally, 90mm to 135mm FoV is about just right for my tastes.

As mentioned, it was a strange day, got out late, was going to go to one of my usual suspect trees and saw this brewpub I've driven by many times was actually open. So I swung in. Tiny place, good IPA ;)

This is said IPA. Seriously small batch establishment. Will be going back.

View attachment 412386

Enjoy. Small brew pubs can be really good.

When I was in Albuquerque back in the late '90s, there was a brew pub in Nob Hill where you could do your own brewing with their equipment. You'd select the type of beer, discuss any changes you might want to try with the brew dude, then select your ingredients and do the mix mash and set aside for ferment. Come back later and do the bottling, then take home your own brew. Batches were large enough a few of us would go in on a batch. Good times.

Here are a few more from my Friday morning walk round our village

Another incoming light shot - the station platform has just been renovated, so the handrails are still bright and yellow
XT3A8760.jpg

This hut isn't new but has been taken down and rebuilt
XT3A8759.jpg

Classic view of the church, I liked the cross shaped gravestone silhouette on this one
XT3A8763.jpg

Finally, one of our two remaining pubs. The bull on the wall has a bowler hat for most of the year, in honour of Laurel and Hardy who stayed there in the 1950s. At Christmas he has a Santa hat and he has a crown for special royal occasions
XT3A8764.jpg

Back