Nikon Single photo output required—don't know how?

Wetstuff

Rookie
Apr 7, 2014
When I take a shot I get a whole bunch of them? I get like 5ea.

I cannot find a setting where I only get a single image output. I am afraid of taking 10-12 shots...

A new board I just got from Hawaii.

Thanks. Jim

MoonMind

Hall of Famer
Dec 29, 2013
Switzerland
Matt
Probably a newer J series camera in Continuous mode ... (purely electronic shutter, hence no sound); Luke's right about the hint to look for in the menu. Confusingly, you'll probably have to change "Continuous" in "Continuous" (oh, the joy of menu item labeling) to "Single frame".

M.

MoonMind

Hall of Famer
Dec 29, 2013
Switzerland
Matt
I hear ya!. I can't seem to let any of my cameras go.
I know what you're talking about ... I initially planned to just keep the V1 with the 18.5mm (great little lens); but I feel the pull of some wide-angle addition. What are you using? The lenses that I keep thinking about are the frugal, yet pleasantly small 10-30mm PD, the 10mm (the natural choice, somehow) and the said-to-be-very-good 6.7-13mm. Anyhow, I should probably just forget about it - still, any opinions on any of those?

M.

Jan 31, 2011
Newcastle, Australia
Sue
I have only the 18.5 apart from the 10mm and the standard 10-30 and 30-110. I periodically get tempted by the wide zoom, but more so by the 32, and the 70-300. That said, I'm too financially challenged to indulge.

MoonMind

Hall of Famer
Dec 29, 2013
Switzerland
Matt
@kyteflyer Thanks, Sue. I can understand your leaning towards the longer lenses - but I have most of that range covered extensively by other systems. I guess I'll just let it rest - even though I'll probably get the 10mm at some time because it's so tiny and said to be at least decent ...

M.

Latest posts

Latest threads

Top Bottom