SiO 2018 - Day Nine.

Another day of rain. :eek:

oct09.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

With a new office - comes new office politics. A busybody manager at work keeps spouting the word OSHA and insisting that my using this Neodymium Magnetic Coat Peg will doom everyone in my row to a fiery demise as it "obstructs" the safety clearance of the aisle. She can't even tell me what the OSHA minimum requirement is (28" for an exit aisle). The clearance from where my jacket starts to the opposite row is 42+ inches. Fortunately I don't report to her, so I bought a pair and put it up. The lockers they gave us won't even hold up a short winter coat without drooping on the interior floor - and goodness knows what that will smell and be like after the first three snow storms, dripping and leaking. Beautiful cubes, not particularly functional.

View attachment 188032
We need a "shake head" smilie ... btw. I'd treat yon manager to "The Dilbert Principle" by Scott Adams - it's amazing that even over twenty years after its appearance, that book still rings true ... Nice shot, nevertheless.

M.

This was my view/office for the day... No shit, ten hours of tracing wires trying to find an intermittent fault!

At least it was at a desalination plant and not waste water treatment... :D

View attachment 188043

LOL that reminds me of the time I worked at a small government contractor office. Every day at 4:30 PM, the network would hiccup. Normally this wouldn't be a big deal, except it started when we were working a huge time and cost-sensitive project, and any delays as the network needed to to restart and recover was starting to add up. I spent days trying to trace what the heck was going on, then I heard a bang just as the day's outage occurred. I ran to the cubicle row where the sound came from. As it turns out, this early bird worker who clocked out like a precision watch at 4:30 PM always pushed back against his desk as he got up to leave. But his PC had slowly over time moved backwards, until his network connection dongle on the back was firmly bouncing off the wall whenever he pushed off. Given this was an old Token Ring (state of the art then), it was more than enough to disrupt the network. Old habits die hard, he wouldn't stop pushing against it, I had to get rubber bumpers to off set the back of the PC from the wall.

Back