SiO 2018 - Day Thirty.

bilzmale

Hall of Famer
Name
Bill Shinnick
“I love the people I photograph. I mean, they’re my friends. I’ve never met most of them or I don’t know them at all, yet through my images I live with them.”
— Bruce Gilden

“If you want to be a better photographer, stand in front of more interesting stuff.”
— Jim Richardson

“When I say I want to photograph someone, what it really means is that I’d like to know them. Anyone I know I photograph.”
— Annie Leibovitz

“My life is shaped by the urgent need to wander and observe, and my camera is my passport.”
— Steve McCurry

“Look and think before opening the shutter. The heart and mind are the true lens of the camera.”
— Yousuf Karsh

Revisiting the Liquid Amber tree from Day 15. 3x3 pano.

DSCF0474 Panorama copy.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

I took the dog to the beach this morning for a swim but it was cut short by the arrival of a school of around 20 small sharks, cruising the shallows all curious like...

I tried to take photos but the buggers were swimming just out of the camera’s ability to capture them (needed a circular polarising filter), all I got was a heap of pics of the surface of the water.

As I was putting the dog back into the truck, the sharks started smashing up a school of fish on the surface. I ran back down to the waters edge with my camera, along with some other beach goers. As soon as I had the lens cap off and the camera fired up, the frenzy died off and the sharks resumed their submarine cruising patterns.

I struck up a conversation with a couple of young ladies that had been swimming up the other end of the beach, who both admitted that whilst living in the northwest for multiple years, they had never seen a shark. Both were a little unsettled when I told them that the sharks had probably been swimming all around them the whole time they were in the water.

I asked them if I could take their portrait for my photo challenge and they obliged...

EC93B796-38FA-4791-AA06-E74AE65D557B.jpeg

Moral of the story is, I’ve figured out how to make a beach look good in black and white... :D

Last edited:
2018-10-30-0001_klein.jpg

Today was enormously frustrating - because of a faulty or buggy film pack; it didn't work at first and made terrible crunching and clicking sounds when the ejection mechanism was at work. I tried removing and re-inserting it a couple of times; there wasn't anything apparently wrong with it, so I started thinking that the camera was seriously broken ... But finally, it worked - though the pack now shows major light leaks (that must have happened when pulling it out and putting it back into the camera). I hope nothing is damaged ... it's working again now, but I'm not sure it *sounds* the same ... I lost three frames altogether and don't have a solid shot to boot after six frames; so you get to see one with a light leak that sort of works ...

M.

Series is closing to the end. This Luther Church was built 1894, and designed by architect Karl August Wrede in neo gothic style (rings a bell, maybe)
Present outlook is from 1931, designed by architect Hilding Ekelund, who has designed villa we start renovating on December and hope to move in later next year :)

A7DABEF9-B691-4EB7-9686-BC9ED0C56711.jpeg

I took the dog to the beach this morning for a swim but it was cut short by the arrival of a school of around 20 small sharks, cruising the shallows all curious like...

I tried to take photos but the buggers were swimming just out of the camera’s ability to capture them (needed a circular polarising filter), all I got was a heap of pics of the surface of the water.

As I was putting the dog back into the truck, the sharks started smashing up a school of fish on the surface. I ran back down to the waters edge with my camera, along with some other beach goers. As soon as I had the lens cap off and the camera fired up, the frenzy died off and the sharks resumed their submarine cruising patterns.

I struck up a conversation with a couple of young ladies that had been swimming up the other end of the beach, who both admitted that whilst living in the northwest for multiple years, they had never seen a shark. Both were a little unsettled when I told them that the sharks had probably been swimming all around them the whole time they were in the water.

I asked them if I could take their portrait for my photo challenge and they obliged...

View attachment 189313

Moral of the story is, I’ve figured out how to make a beach look good in black and white... :D
There you go. Troy finds two women in swimsuits and I find a pumpkin. To be fair, he was on a beach and I was on a college campus at 40 F but it still feels unfair somehow.

There you go. Troy finds two women in swimsuits and I find a pumpkin. To be fair, he was on a beach and I was on a college campus at 40 F but it still feels unfair somehow.

So I probably shouldn't mention that I've had the last week off work (to look after the kids while the Mrs was away) but pretty much just mountain biking and paddle boarding... :dance3: :whistle:

Back