SiO 2018 - Day Twenty Four.

bilzmale

Hall of Famer
Name
Bill Shinnick
“You know how it is when you're reading a book and falling asleep, you're reading, reading... and all of a sudden you notice your eyes are closed? I'm like that all the time.”
Steven Wright

“I wish, when I was first born, the first thing I said was "Quote" so the last thing I said before I died would be "Unquote.”
Steven Wright

“Why isn’t the word “phonetically” spelled with an “f”?”
Steven Wright

Cold, overcast and wet today - good for rose photos.

DSCF0416Aur1.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

The post processing for today's image was all carried out in RawTherapee with GIMP used just to add the border. Emphasis was given to the red channel in channel mixer when converting to monochrome to highlight the bleached part of the fallen tree and to deepen the shadows rendering the image with a somewhat higher contrast than the actual scene which I think suited the subject matter. Had it been a desert location (I wish) then an even higher contrast might have been called for. The image was not cropped. The lower part of the fallen tree is regularly submerged during high tide and thus is not bleached. I expect the sawn off limbs have been removed for firewood and I think I know who by!

181024-1030587.jpg

Fallen tree - foreshore

Barrie

I’ve been on North Uist for 10 days now. Every day has been very windy and overcast.
Was due to return to the mainland on Friday but changed ferry to Monday.
Because Sunday is meant to be SUNNY !
Today’s offering is a traditional black house with a cloud topped Eaval behind. A peak on my list for next summer.
4FEEC10A-4208-48B8-8D24-28FAE4F93DFA.jpeg

Went out this morning with the intention of taking a photo of an old Baptist Chapel but found it's now abandoned, overgrown and up for sale but spotted this rudimentary bus stop and seat on the way back. The seat doesn't look exactly comfy and the ditch behind it is a good three feet deep and full of bramble's
IMG_2479.JPG

Back