SiO 2018 - Day Twenty One.

Having trouble getting my preferred image to show in post so here is a second choice.

DSCF0351.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

With the early sun partially obscured by the cloud in colour this scene had rather pastel shades although it was a high contrast scene, however in converting the image to monochrome the mood has been altered considerably to a rather more brooding one. Again due to the high contrast the foreground was selected and tonal values altered there leaving the sky very much as shot. The image would have been much improved with a character from a Thomas Hardy novel approaching across the meadow.

181021-1030557.jpg

A Heavy Dew

Barrie

This little church, Church of Hakavuori, formerly Church of Pohjois-Haaga, was designed by celebrated architect, boy from own village in 1963. The church was renovated 2013-2014, whole HVAC was renewed resulting that modern air conditioning sucked mold and actinomycete from structures to all over. The church was abandoned 2016. This is good example where modern methods, HVAC systems etc are combined with older buildings resulting enormous errors and catastrophes in our demanding conditions for buildings (and humans). Sad...

IMG_4707.jpg

Different theme today. I had a bit of spare time this morning, and this is my attempt at a lemon drizzle cake. As you can see it's not really risen properly. It is also a bit dense. I have found a number of different and equally plausible explanations for this. Oh well, it just means I have to make another one now ;-) and it tastes fine anyway!
08DCA94F-8551-4174-8C8D-FBCF91AE030B.jpeg

Back