SiO 2018 - Day Twenty Six.

This is a 3x2 shot stitched in PTGui using the Transverse Rectilinear projection. This gives the impression of an ultra-wide lens but without too much distortion. Primped in Aurora 2019.

DSCF0425 Pano_Aur.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

"Spock, what's wrong with the transporter?"

"It appears, Captain, that there was a transverse rectilinear projection. Fascinating"

-R
I spent most of my long career with IBM waiting for that magical opportunity in a meeting to suggest “we could always reconfigure the deflector array to emit a phased tachyon pulse”. To my everlasting chagrin, that opportunity never arose.

Old Church, built 1826 for temporary use because then oldest church was torn down to give room for new parade square. Well, temporary is the living of human on the earth anyway. Church is inside Old Church Park, if you ask locals they rarely recognize where it is, but everyone knows the plague park. This park used to be cemetery for victims of plague in the 18th century. Old headstones are still there to remember the awful history. Designer of the church was architect Carl Ludvig Engel who also designed the monumental center of Helsinki when it was established as capital city of Finland and stole that possession from Turku :D

IMG_4771.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Back