SiO 2018 - Day Twenty Two.

bilzmale

Hall of Famer
Name
Bill Shinnick
“The whole point of taking pictures is so that you don’t have to explain things with words.”
— Elliott Erwitt

“One doesn’t stop seeing. One doesn’t stop framing. It doesn’t turn off and turn on. It’s on all the time.”
— Annie Leibovitz

“What I like about photographs is that they capture a moment that’s gone forever, impossible to reproduce.”
— Karl Lagerfeld

From the kerb it looks like there's no-one to live in or love this house.
DSCF0363LumB&W1.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Last edited:
“The whole point of taking pictures is so that you don’t have to explain things with words.”
— Elliott Erwitt

“What I like about photographs is that they capture a moment that’s gone forever, impossible to reproduce.”
— Karl Lagerfeld

Oh dear, I'm going to go against quote 1 and explain things, but agree with the other quote. Despite appearances to the contrary this is an outdoor shot which shows a large (Herring Gull?) birds filoplume feather caught in the dead head of an umbellifer. For the size of the subject matter the background was relatively distant and out of focus, but more importantly also relatively dark. Therefore by raising the contrast globally I was able to render the background as virtually black.

181022-1030572.jpg

Blowing in the wind

Barrie

Russian Orthodox Church - The Holy Trinity Church

Bishop Nikanor from Tallinn baptized this church for services in 1827. He was the first Orthodox Bishop seen in Finland. This church is also the oldest church in Helsinki having regular services. This tells you something about the age of capital city Helsinki, compared to city of Turku which has Mother Church of Evangelist Lutheran Church of Finland. They say that Turku is newer established, it has always existed, and you guess which one is my hometown :D

IMG_4717.jpg

Went to Bury St. Edmunds today where they have a World War 1 Trail consisting of 18 pieces of artwork in memory of the First World War with proceeds to charity.
This Victoria Cross is outside the Abbey Gardens. To the right is the outline of one of the "Silent Soldiers". There is another shot from a different angle in the out takes
IMG_2405.JPG

Back