SiO 2018 - Day Twenty.

bilzmale

Hall of Famer
Name
Bill Shinnick
“I went to a bookstore and asked the saleswoman, 'Where’s the self-help section?' She said if she told me, it would defeat the purpose.”
Steven Wright

“I stayed up all night playing poker with tarot cards. I got a full house and four people died.”
Steven Wright

“I have a hobby. I have the world’s largest collection of sea shells. I keep it scattered on beaches all over the world. Maybe you’ve seen some of it.”
Steven Wright

Pano of a side-street from the kerb . Four portrait images stitched in PTGui which I have reinstalled. Processed and cropped as a single image HDR in Aurora and a preset applied. Not at all natural but I like this effect for this pano. Left the power lines in-situ this time.

DSCF0320 PanoramaAur1.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

A difficult morning having awoken feeling very nauseous, so a very late start for me with just a gentle stroll around the local lanes. I'd taken a few so so rubbish shots when thankfully a Red Admiral butterfly landed to bask in the sun. I was able to get the camera closer than in this shot but elected to use f/4 which was probably a little too greedy and the depth of field didn't really cover the whole insect. There was little post processing to do although I did crop the image slightly maintaining the 4:3 ratio in order to move the insect somewhat off centre in the image, something I should really have done in camera.

181020-1030551.jpg

Red Admiral basking on bramble

Barrie

Church of St. Paul - This red tile church has nominated some times the most beautiful church in Helsinki, it’s in the eye of beholder. Build 1930 and renovated 2003-2004 to original form. It’s architecture has something which reminds churches in Italy, and perhaps something which reflects old monasteries, closed inner court, wings for accommodation and two big reception halls.

20B52670-DB07-4AC3-8986-62E168050E6D.jpeg

So, got in at 1am on Saturday morning after working a double shift. Doorbell goes at 6:50am on Saturday morning and someone drops this off....
DSCF0443-Edit.jpg

Note the work shoes on the bottom step - I then went back into the office and spent all day Saturday with a couple of my developers helping a client test their newly upgraded system and ironing out bugs.
So, today is going to be a day of allen keys, screwdrivers and trying to un-flatpack some furniture...

Back