Sisiman Bay, Bataan Philippines (Landscapes with my XT1)

gidferrer

Regular
My group of friends went to a location yesterday to shoot some scapes. We were hoping for a fiery awesome sunset but we ended up with some subtle pastel colors that lasted for about 10 minutes. As we say it here, we are at the mercy of mother nature, but we should grab every opportunity in what she gives us. Whether it be fiery or pastel colors, still its an awesome place we live in because we get to see these kinds of scenes.

SUBTLE HUES

13211617735_b36d17f358_o.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

BEACON UNDER THE MOONLIGHT

- Here is an image of the new lighthouse in Sisiman Bay. Shot at near darkness, the moon was just perfectly beside the structure. Shot this in the middle of a hill where I used the rocks as foreground.
13212433773_e83f3c408c_o.jpg

Just finishing up the other images, more to come.

Regards,
Gid

Thank you Mikey!

SECLUSION

These huts serve as resting area in Sisiman. With the sun side lighting the rocks and huts, I opted to face to the inner direction. I was amazed on how the details of the rocks turned out. The colors are outstanding for my taste. I used Velvia mode here.
13214240093_7da80887cf_o.jpg

SUBDUED

- At the mercy of the light, we got to work with it. The muted tones along with long exposure produced serene scenes with soft highlight details contrasted with dark hues of the rocky shore.
13217091684_517c3d5d86_o.jpg

HUTS OF SISIMAN

- These three huts serve as resting area for the visitors who come to visit and take time to go swim at the beach. Got to do it sometime hehe.
13237666315_f2060c4771_o.jpg

BLUE ZONE

- A mid afternoon image including the lighthouse.
13240286573_ee72d813d1_o.jpg

THE OTHERWORLD

Taken with the effect of unearthly tones.
13240510153_964b1de5f1_o.jpg

Could be that I left the country back when I didn't look at things photographically too deliberately - but I don't remember having such bright oranges during sunset! Or maybe I was just too much in the city. Lovely shots!

Could be that I left the country back when I didn't look at things photographically too deliberately - but I don't remember having such bright oranges during sunset! Or maybe I was just too much in the city. Lovely shots!

I was out of the photography hobby for 2 years. When on hiatus, I didnt care much about sunrises and sunsets. Now that im back, i see the colors everyday, even in the city.

Hi,

I shoot in RAW and convert them to jpegs via ACR. I dont shoot jpegs much but the photos I posted pretty much looks the same in camera. The raw editin software in camera is very useful.

I was wondering because you said in one of your shots you used the Velvia mode. I'm trying to decide on which RAW developer to use with the Xtrans. I have an Olympus EPL5 which I had been using LR4 with.

Back