Feedback Site App Disabled Until Feb 1 + other updates

Amin

Hall of Famer
Our site app developer decided to take the app down until Feb 1 due to an issue basically preventing his ads from showing. Those ads take the form of sponsored thread listings which show up in one particular view only called "What's New", and I had the apps configured not to show that view without realizing that would disable his ads.

He is going to put the apps back up on Feb 1. Unfortunately I cannot afford to pay for an ad-free version of his app, so those sponsored thread listings will show even for subscribers, but again, only in"What's New".

There is always the alternative of using the mobile web site, which will remain completely ad free for subscribing members, affiliate patrons, as well as anyone who has posted 20 posts within the most recent 30 days (Active Member badge).

The mobile website has similar functionality to the app other than lacking notifications. That said, you can separately enable Pushbullet or Pushover notifications under external accounts:

https://www.seriouscompacts.com/account/external-accounts

I use a free Pushbullet account to get notifications on desktop, and it works very well.

If you have been using the app and go to use the mobile site, you may notice that you have to re-login. I had to redo the site login cookie last Tuesday, so basically any new device / browser usage since then will require a one-time re-login.

Sorry for all the changes and inconvenience.

Back