Feedback Site lag?

MountainMan79

😎💩➡️📸
Name
Chris
Anyone else experiencing some speed or lag issues? The last couple days whenever I click on a thread I normally frequent, it takes me to the top of the newest page and then about 5-10 seconds later pops me down to the last item I’ve seen, where this used to happen seamlessly before. I’ve also got a few ‘are you sure you want to leave this feedback’ pages when giving likes. Also, clicking on my new notifications no longer clears them…I have to click the bell several times before it goes away.

I’m browsing how I always do, on my iPhone at home. 13 pro running 15.5 on an eero mesh network with plenty of speed.

Coincidentally, or maybe not, it about aligns with when the emoji switch occurred.

Just me? Anyone else?

Anyone else experiencing some speed or lag issues? The last couple days whenever I click on a thread I normally frequent, it takes me to the top of the newest page and then about 5-10 seconds later pops me down to the last item I’ve seen, where this used to happen seamlessly before. I’ve also got a few ‘are you sure you want to leave this feedback’ pages when giving likes. Also, clicking on my new notifications no longer clears them…I have to click the bell several times before it goes away.

I’m browsing how I always do, on my iPhone at home. 13 pro running 15.5 on an eero mesh network with plenty of speed.

Coincidentally, or maybe not, it about aligns with when the emoji switch occurred.

Just me? Anyone else?
I noticed it when the script that says "Add Cameraderie to your desktop" was added, just after the last emoji change.

Same symptoms here, running Android 11 on a 10" Lenovo YT-J706F with 8 GB RAM and 256 GB memory, and a fast network chip on a fast fibre/coax internet connection (100/20 Mbps).

Yeah, about 10-15 seconds for a page to finish loading and drop me to where I last read.

Desktop, Windows.

There have been a few other issues on other sites earlier today but I think those were related to the AWS issue, and have now returned to normal.

Ok. So not just me, and seems to be effecting phones, tablets, and desktops. All within the last couple days. Hopefully that’ll help the powers that be narrow it down. My feeling is the lack of 🍤included in the emoji reaction is most likely to blame, but I’m not really an IT guy.

Ok. So not just me, and seems to be effecting phones, tablets, and desktops. All within the last couple days. Hopefully that’ll help the powers that be narrow it down. My feeling is the lack of 🍤included in the emoji reaction is most likely to blame, but I’m not really an IT guy.
What does the turd with haemorrhoids emoji have to do with anything? :ROFLMAO:

Oh good it wasn’t just me. I have a 500/500 fiber connection, so that ain’t it. I noticed that the “are you sure you want to leave this feedback” page only happens if you don’t let the page load all the way before submitting a reaction. It’s like the page is running some code that hangs up for a while and then finally completes, but I get the same lag on iOS and Mac running Safari.

Nothing has changed for some time with the server but it is something that I've noticed also in the past week or so.

I've just made a change to our AWS CloudFront cache settings so let's see how that goes. It may take a few page loads for your browser cache to catch up.

I noticed it when the script that says "Add Cameraderie to your desktop" was added, just after the last emoji change.
That's the PWA stuff and has been turned on for at least a year or so (maybe longer but I don't recall exactly when it was enabled).

There have been a few other issues on other sites earlier today but I think those were related to the AWS issue, and have now returned to normal.
We serve nearly all of the images from here using AWS CloudFront so that was my first thought at well. While poking around I noticed there was a chance to change the cache settings so I updated the policies while in there.

I'm not sure I want to even ask. 👀

Some pages are still doing it for me. I'm going to close things out and clear some stuff just in case it's something stuck on my end.

While my actual heritage is Polish, English, Irish, and PA Dutch, our family grew up in an old world Italian section of town in the Philly burbs that was its own enclave. That particular gesture was seen quite often.

200.gif

While my actual heritage is Polish, English, Irish, and PA Dutch, our family grew up in an old world Italian section of town in the Philly burbs that was its own enclave. That particular gesture was seen quite often.

View attachment 326121
My family is from the same Philadelphia neighborhood.

I did just have a page hang on me again, but most do seem better. Could be the cache on my end. But still, I think this is looking better!

Some pages are still doing it for me. I'm going to close things out and clear some stuff just in case it's something stuck on my end.
Poking around I'm still seeing delays with the front page loading. Nothing on the server has changed and there's been no software updates lately so I'm still leaning towards an AWS or caching issue. I

@Kevin I agree with Chris, what you have done seems to have fixed the problem, and I'm no longer being prompted for the desktop add on. Perhaps the behaviours were linked in some strange way?
No relation. The desktop prompt is just a cookie setting per device and it doesn't load anything extra.

Back