Feedback Site lag?

I get this now too, quite annoying. Any reason this was activated?
Why what was activated? :confused: There has been no changes for some time; the PWA (the option to install an "app") has been turned for over a year and the editor has always had an option to switch between WYSIWYG and 'bb code' mode. What ever is going on, it's not due to any changes on the server or config' options.

FYI follow-up.... I'm still looking into the lag issue. I had a chance to experiment a bit last night and can answer what it isn't so far. It's really bugging me because one minute everything loads fast then a page reload gets the image lag (even though the images should've been cached in the browser by that point) and then fast again. Nothing unusual is showing up in the logs and Chrome's waterfall just shows an unexplained pause in the middle of the page load when I get the lag.

The "Microsoft solution" may be tempted next (a server reboot) so if there is a window of about 5 minutes or so where nothing loads at all, it's likely just the reboot. And, before anybody asks... yes, I've already rebuilt the various search indexes and caches on the server, AWS shows no recent service issues, and I've checked the basics like drive space, memory, and so on. Speaking of experiments, if anybody sees any sections of the front page missing it's just temporary while I try to track down perhaps if a particular widget or SQL query somewhere is to blame.

I found the problem:
1659128194162.png

Good luck, @Kevin.

Sounds like our home switchboard here. I've never counted the number of power outlets, after 16 years living here. It is all single phase 240V AC, with 100A main fuse. But there are at least 15-20 circuits, with 9 for individual items (oven, dishwasher, air conditioners, pool heater/cooler, other pool equipment, separate 40A feed for SWMBO's kiln shed, and the like), plus 10-12 general power circuits. They each have ELCB/RCD protection. Then there's the 8 kW solar array wiring. Gets a bit complex in there! We have very strict laws in Australia regarding fixed household wiring - all governed by a compulsory standard, AS3000.

So, yeah. Our switchboard's a bit like your server, complex, and can be hard to troubleshoot.

FYI that I'll be updating the XenForo version tonight. For those not familiar with that name, "XenForo", shortened as "XF", is the software that powers our community.

I've reset & updated just about everything else possible behind-the-scenes so it's time to push up when I was planning on updating XF itself.

For what it’s worth, the site seems snappier this morning. At least in regards to quickly bringing me to the newest post on a page. The images still have a slight delay in loading, although that’s not as bad as it was before either. It does seem that the image loading and remembering where to take you to on a given page are two separate items, and at least one of those may be fixed?

FYI that I'll be updating the XenForo version tonight. For those not familiar with that name, "XenForo", shortened as "XF", is the software that powers our community.

I've reset & updated just about everything else possible behind-the-scenes so it's time to push up when I was planning on updating XF itself.
Much better this morning (so far). Thanks!

Back