Feedback site slowness (your responses desired)

Luke

Legend
Name
Luke
Hi All,
I just got a message from a forum regular that he was having trouble getting the site to open on his Mac. He has cleared everything out and all other sites open quickly. My 2 windows machines are operating normally. Anyone else having issues or is this an isolated case?
Thanks for checking in.

Seems ok here in UK of GB & NI, Win7/Opera + the Android app both performing fine.

The trouble is there are so many variables that can cause performance problems. If most of the rest of us are finding it OK though, the suspicion then tends to fall on either the complainant's equipment, or on their ISP connection, or any of a dozen or so router sites between the ISP and the forum server ... or the DNS servers that the ISP is using ... or one of the global master DNS servers ... or maybe someone's trawled up a deep-sea cable ... or maybe it's the CIA/NSA/GCHQ intercepting the packets in a bid for global domination by the NWO ...

I have occasional issues viewing threads with my iPad. Home/landing page no problem just when I try to open a thread. Not slow though, just doesn't go anywhere.

I have had some very slow load times when opening threads (like Karen said home page usually loads quickly) over the past couple weeks. Not 100% sure, but I think it is only happening with my Macbook. Do not have the same issue with any of the sister sites (when I try them at the same time).

Not recently but a few weeks ago I gave up trying because the pages took so long to load. Sometimes refusing to altogether.

Mac Book air
OS X Lion 10.7.5

Safari Version 6.0.5 (7536.30.1)

No issues (Holland, Windows XP, browsers: IE8 and Google Chrome). Never had any trouble at the time of the previous round of reported slowness either.

None for me here with a MacBook Pro and "on Safari" in the wilds of northwestern Connecticut.

I know that a good pal across the pond was having problems a few days ago...not sure if he still is.

No real problem with speed but today for some reason its not showing in my history (windows XP / internet explorer )

No issues, Australia, Mac Mini with 16GB RAM. HOWEVER at one point yesterday I did have problems with everything because a flash game I was playing ate all my memory and the Mac ran out. Rebooting solved.

Computer games are bad for you. :tongue:

Meanwhile... I usually access the site on my iPad at home and Windows 7 PC at work. No issues with either lately although I have experienced slowness loading pages in the past.

The front page loads quickly enough, but the subsequent click through to a forum post sometimes takes ages to load. It's very erratic, and sometimes I quit in frustration.

MacPro + OS X 10.8.4 + Chrome

I have ADBlock disabled for this site. DoNotTrackMe is kept running. Not sure is that has any effect on the performance of the site.

Back