Feedback Site software change

The Amazon adverts have been there for over a month now. They were on the sidebar before, now on the bottom. They are a major part of paying site expenses at this point. I tried to put them in the least obtrusive place on the new redesign, but yes they will stand out against the black theme.

I'm not seeing any Amazon ads but then I use Opera and maybe I've got the content blocker engaged.

However, whatI am seeing is that if I click the "Recent Activity" link on the front page I get
Code:
Photographers' Lounge - Error

You do not have permission to view this page or perform this action.

Last edited:
I'm not seeing any Amazon ads but then I use Opera and maybe I've got the content blocker engaged.

However, whatI am seeing is that if I click the "Recent Activity" link on the front page I get
Code:
Photographers' Lounge - Error

You do not have permission to view this page or perform this action.

Yep, folks with ad blockers on don't have access to that area ;).

I keep getting "you do not have permission to view this page" when I click on "recent posts". I'm obviously signed in or could not post this. I figure it is a passing thing, but thought I'd mention it in case it is significant.

I realise it's very early days & things need to be settled in, but here are some personal comments/ feedback from me

Recent Activity has changed format & now performs much the same function as Alerts
I don't much want to see who liked what & this feels kind of intrusive
What I'd like recent activity to do is show recent posts. Recent Posts does not appear to show all recent posts

New Profile Posts - this just seems totally intrusive & what I imagine Facebook to be like (I refuse to use Facebook as I put high emphasis on my privacy)
I see no reason to be able to read the discussions between members especially when they appear to be of a private nature

I realise it's very early days & things need to be settled in, but here are some personal comments/ feedback from me

Recent Activity has changed format & now performs much the same function as Alerts
I don't much want to see who liked what & this feels kind of intrusive
What I'd like recent activity to do is show recent posts. Recent Posts does not appear to show all recent posts

New Profile Posts - this just seems totally intrusive & what I imagine Facebook to be like (I refuse to use Facebook as I put high emphasis on my privacy)
I see no reason to be able to read the discussions between members especially when they appear to be of a private nature

Fundamentally, I agree with you and have removed those things. However, I'd like to point out that all of that information - profile posts, likes, etc - has always been explicitly public on the site. Since day 1. The only change was that the new software creates links to put that info front and center. Again, I have removed those links.

Euhm... good to hear it'll be faster, more secure and stable, but I'm gonna have to agree to disagree on the looks... major flashback to 2004 happening here... the way I see it, angles and clean lines are in again (just look at the progression of the Microsoft Windows logo throughout the years to see what I mean), and gradients / shadows around text boxes are out... to me the old design felt right up to date, and fresher in terms of colour scheme.

I agree about the gradients and curved corners. Those have now been addressed.

Another thing I like about the new software:

The search function is more robust. You can not only search by keywords, but also by who made the post and specify a "newer than" date.

Cheers, Jock

Amin, you're putting a ridiculous amount of time into making this digital home of ours better than ever... and I just want to say, Thank You. I'll become a contributing member as soon as the software is up for it again, personal finances allowing ofcourse.

Back