Feedback Site software change

Amin

Hall of Famer
It's been a long time coming, and I've changed us over from vBulletin to Xenforo.

What we gain:
-Better mobile site
-Faster performance
-More secure
-Cleaner design (IMO)
-More stable software

What is broken:
-HTML support in forum posts - high priority
-Subscriptions
-Other stuff (tell me)

What is missing:
-Right column Recent Discussions
-Ability to use templates to post in Buy & Sell
-Some smilies
-Other stuff (tell me)
-Buy/sell feedback
-Ads

Subscribing members, please cancel your recurring donations. To do so, go to the Profile drop-down menu at Paypal and select "My Money". Where it shows "pre-approved payments", click update at the right. Then select Virginia Sabet and select cancel.

The reason I'm asking this is that subscriptions don't carry over from the old software to this one. I have to figure out how to do subscriptions with this software. In the meanwhile, I figure that if everyone cancels payments now and I keep everyone's donor status active for a year from after everyone has been notified by email (not yet sent), then I'm not shorting anyone.

Last edited:
It's been a long time coming, and I've changed us over from vBulletin to Xenforo.

What we gain:
-Better mobile site
-Faster performance
-More secure
-Cleaner design (IMO)
-More stable software

What is broken:
-HTML support in forum posts - high priority
-Subscriptions
-Other stuff (tell me)

What is missing:
-Right column Recent Discussions
-Ability to use templates to post in Buy & Sell
-Some smilies
-Other stuff (tell me)
-Buy/sell feedback
-Ads

Subscribing members, please cancel your recurring donations. To do so, go to the Profile drop-down menu at Paypal and select "My Money". Where it shows "pre-approved payments", click update at the right. Then select Virginia Sabet and select cancel.

Very attractive. It will take a while to learn how to navigate, but I immediately liked the look of it.

Euhm... good to hear it'll be faster, more secure and stable, but I'm gonna have to agree to disagree on the looks... major flashback to 2004 happening here... the way I see it, angles and clean lines are in again (just look at the progression of the Microsoft Windows logo throughout the years to see what I mean), and gradients / shadows around text boxes are out... to me the old design felt right up to date, and fresher in terms of colour scheme.

Nothing that'll stop me from enjoying this place though ;)
[edit] well, apart from having to learn the new smiley codes :p

Everything looking good and loading pretty snappy so far.

Thanks for the reminder, Amin.

Euhm... good to hear it'll be faster, more secure and stable, but I'm gonna have to agree to disagree on the looks... major flashback to 2004 happening here... the way I see it, angles and clean lines are in again (just look at the progression of the Microsoft Windows logo throughout the years to see what I mean), and gradients / shadows around text boxes are out... to me the old design felt right up to date, and fresher in terms of colour scheme.

Some of us preferred 2004 :p

Nice fresh look! I know it's tricky to change systems, but I hope you'll be able to bring forward the buy/sell feedback. I think that's essential for any online marketplace.

Just noticed that in old threads some of our favorite smilies show up as plain code (winkie, winkie). If there's one thing I miss from the old forum so far it's that 100% naughty, punchy :D

I was a bit surprised to wake up to this without warning, I thought it was a 2016 project?

Can't get it to work on Tapatalk... That may be a timing issue.
here also - keeps returning "incorrect password"

Also it's painfully slow in Opera under Linux

Are there plans to provide user-selectable skins? This colour scheme doesn't really do it for me. Or is there an option somewhere that I haven't seen yet?

The main forums page is a very long list indeed, rather than a cascade - not very friendly to look at or find what you want. Some work on the layout seems in order therefore.

It would be very mice to be able to exclude forums from view or search, if that's an option with this software.

Last edited:
And here we are! Very nice. It'll be interesting learning how to navigate but it looks good so far. Thanks for your all of your efforts, Amin!

EDIT: Not that this is the highest priority but the links at the top of the page to your other photo sites are now gone. You probably know that.

Last edited:
Back