Fuji Six Months of Mirrorless Photography

An interesting article.

After 30 years of shooting SLRs/DSLRs I got my XE2 + 18-55mm only a month ago. I'd been on the look out for a quality small digital camera with plenty of scope for creative photography for some time and finally decided to take the plunge with the XE2. In the last 4 weeks I've shot more photos with the XE2 than my D7000 has shot in the last year, although I'll admit some of this is simply because I want to get used to the camera. It's half the size and weight of my D7000 + 18-135mm, even with the kit lens it easily slips into a small bag or under my jacket, it's light, discreet and I don't have an excuse not to take it somewhere. I'm still not entirely confortable with the viewfinder, so used to a much bigger viewfinder on SLRs, having to wear glasses don't help. I'm impressed with the build quality of both camera and lenses, as well as the SOOC JPG images. Wonder if I'll still own a DSLR in 6 months...

Kaito-
Stick with it! I had a bit of a time with the EVF, too. And that was before the 2.0 firmware release! By the way, have you updated the firmware of the body and lens? It really does make a huge difference, especially with the EVF. And spot on with the build quality. I've played with some of the other mirrorless systems and they feel like big point and shoot cameras, whereas the Fuji feels like a real camera to me. I'm not sure if that makes sense, but the Sony's for example, seemed a bit Fisher-Price after holding my X-E2.

Back