Micro 4/3 SkyHigh at Mt. Dandenong

Boyzo

Veteran
Skyhigh is the highest point in Melbourne with 360 degree views

My GF and I had lunch up there

I took the G1 with 14-140 ... overcast unfortunately not ideal for the 14-140
All RAW in LR3.3

The restaurant has a beautiful Victorian garden and a Maize (closed that day)

1193489291_yhkoB-X2.jpg

1193487303_TS233-X2.jpg

1193487898_UA4EZ-X2.jpg

1193492577_x5AfG-X2.jpg

1193482176_W9wTw-X2.jpg

1193482970_7h9Kn-X2.jpg

1193484313_foRJC-X2.jpg

1193486366_DVSCa-X2.jpg

GF with her Canon P&S
1193481242_DzjPg-X2.jpg

1193490504_TN6KG-X2.jpg

Secret Garden

1193491470_uVntg-X2.jpg

City View from restaurant

1193488502_dNEsd-X2.jpg

Overcast !!!

You call that overcast, I'd kill for a day like that to go out and take some photographs. This has been the view on my morning walk for the last several days, that's when it's not actually raining, which it did when I was about half way round my circular walk this morning :(
By the way, you made the best of the conditions :D I really like the owl and that meal is going to send me to bed hungry, I might just have to have a pub lunch tomorrow.

P1020038.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Barrie

John (AKA Boyzo), I am with Barrie (AKA grebeman)! Thanks so much for your summer photographs - you are into summer now aren't you? Please tell us about The Giant's Chair? There has to be a story. Your companion has lovely long hair...perhaps one day you two can take portraits of each other...or maybe you can invite her to post her photographs of you? What a great day you had and I, too, am feeling quite peckish. It's 6:40pm here in recently snowed upon, cold, New York...and we probably won't have any dinner for at leat an hour.

Thanks so much John! But Barrie, you may be seriously overcast but you are very green and that patchwork quilt of fields is also making me quite jealous!

ahhhhhh I haven't been there for a long long time. Never been to the restaurant though. How was the food? Expensive? Did you have to book?

I remember going up there with my friends in the middle of the night to see the city lights in the distance. This was a long long time ago now.

Another place I should go back to is Cuckoo's. There'll be some great photo ops there when they've got the show in full swing if they still have it. It's been 11 years since I've been back there.

You call that overcast, I'd kill for a day like that to go out and take some photographs. This has been the view on my morning walk for the last several days, that's when it's not actually raining, which it did when I was about half way round my circular walk this morning :(
By the way, you made the best of the conditions :D I really like the owl and that meal is going to send me to bed hungry, I might just have to have a pub lunch tomorrow.

P1020038.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Barrie
Thankyou Barrie
Why I disliked the overcast is the view was spoilt ... summer this year has been Rainy
with floods in other states
Australia is known for its brilliant sunlight thats so powerful its been shy this summer

I think the shot given the overcast is very nice I like the subject and composition very good detail too perhaps a tad more saturation
The Fish was Flathead tails and delicious
:)

ahhhhhh I haven't been there for a long long time. Never been to the restaurant though. How was the food? Expensive? Did you have to book?

I remember going up there with my friends in the middle of the night to see the city lights in the distance. This was a long long time ago now.

Another place I should go back to is Cuckoo's. There'll be some great photo ops there when they've got the show in full swing if they still have it. It's been 11 years since I've been back there.
James .. go back the garden is lovely
Entry $5
Meal (each) ~ $20 + wine $6 minus the entry fee .. pretty reasonable

John, thanks for reminding us of all your country has been through. How soon we forget who don't live there.:redface: I certainly hope the weather patterns calm down and get back to what we all long for.

Always glad to see your photos here, John!

John (AKA Boyzo), I am with Barrie (AKA grebeman)! Thanks so much for your summer photographs - you are into summer now aren't you? Please tell us about The Giant's Chair? There has to be a story. Your companion has lovely long hair...perhaps one day you two can take portraits of each other...or maybe you can invite her to post her photographs of you? What a great day you had and I, too, am feeling quite peckish. It's 6:40pm here in recently snowed upon, cold, New York...and we probably won't have any dinner for at leat an hour.

Thanks so much John! But Barrie, you may be seriously overcast but you are very green and that patchwork quilt of fields is also making me quite jealous!
Wylie at our age we are both camera shy (age lines and vanity) prefer behind the camera (but a portrait of the 2 of us is a good idea) and yes Yvonne's hair is gorgeous :tongue:
Igor the giant used the chair
Sky High Mt Dandenong - Attractions
Yes its summer till end of February but its not been a hot one ... we have had lots of rain in my state Victoria rain the drought has broken with severe flooding in QLD an NT an Nth Victoria

:D Thanks for the link and the heads up regarding Igor, John.

I can't believe you're already heading towards the end of summer. Wow, time really flies when one isn't living in the country in question. I know you all have had an extremely tough time with weather upheavals.

Age and vanity. I can't control the aging but I do try to do something about vanity, though it can be a challenge when it comes to photographs.;)

Barrie that photo is very picturesque. Makes me want to soar through that beautiful countryside with a hang-glider.

Most of the people who do hang glide are along the coast, which is just the other side of the farthest ridge, they get lots of lift off the cliffs. There were 5 together the other day as I drove towards them along the coast road, but as I got near them I realised they were the other side of a headland, so no photograph.

Barrie

Back