CODDBRWRY-09-16-005-Edit-WEB.jpg

CODDBRWRY-09-16-006-Edit-WEB.jpg

CODDBRWRY-09-16-007-Edit-WEB.jpg

CODDBRWRY-09-16-008-Edit-WEB.jpg

Attachments

• CODDBRWRY-09-16-003-Edit-WEB.jpg
    CODDBRWRY-09-16-003-Edit-WEB.jpg
    250.3 KB · Views: 95
I'm not a beer drinker - I go because they have an Awesome Bleu Cheese Burger and a new Ginger Ahi Tuna Taco. :) But to be fair, they've been in business for at least 15 years, so I suppose that makes them an early craft adopter?

2001 is decently old, by American Craft standards, yes. Good for them. Oldest "real" craft beer (ie, not Yuengling or mass-market products) is Anchor, which somehow survived in various forms from the actual Gold Rush, so 1870's. But really it didn't become what we know it as until 1965, when a Stanford grad who dug their beer rescued them from what would surely have been their last time closing down "temporarily," and brought them back to life for good. Modern American craft beer as we know it today, though, has really got two grandparents: Sierra Nevada, who were the first to use a relative ton of new american high-alpha hop varieties in a high-volume production beer (Sierra Pale, still brewed the same way since 1981) and Sam Adams, whose founder was mostly a business guy whose most important contribution (in my humble) was to beat the pavement across the country setting up new distribution accounts, starting in the mid 80's. If it weren't for him (Jim Koch), you wouldn't have been able to get anything but Bud and Miller in every TGI McScratchy's in Kansas. He paved the way for craft beers in all the little corners out there.

I love these! The look of steal/metal in black and white photos always makes a beautiful shot. I swear everything looks better in black and white... Who's idea was it to make color the standard!? lol

Also, a cheese burgers sounds very tasty right about now. I'm not a beer drinker either but I am a sucker for food commonly sold at bars.

Back