Apple Snapseed for Mac

So Grant......reveal the answer....how much bigger is a hectare than an acre?

Bill it cost a lot of money to get that answer. First off my parents spent much to educate me to read and then I spent dollars to get an iPad do you really expect me to give that answer away for free?

:laugh1:

But I will give you a hint I live on 1.5 hectares of land and you have been there.

Snapseed is now on line at the App Store. I am now $19.99 poorer. With limited use it is both intuitive and fun. I have only worked with web size prints, for now, and it is fast

Its just a tool. I must admit I am not that interested in snapseeding every shot I do. But some which arent as good as I wish they were, can get a bit of added interest with a tool like this (or CEP, or Topaz adjust etc) Interestingly I find I am using CEP less and less these days and relying more in the built in tools of photoshop for PP

Just downloaded it. Drat. I think I like the iPad version better. Not that the mac version is bad, but it's just more fun on the iPad. Think I wasted $20. I'm too impulsive.

Bought it, tried it and am very impressed. If I had an iPad, I'm sure I'd prefer using Snapseed with my hands as I do on my tiny little iPhone. In the meantime, I think they have come up with a very easy to use and very handy set of tools.

I realize that with any of these software tools it takes time to learn. Just for fun here are two very basic examples: Snapseed for Mac tests - a set on Flickr that show one directly uploaded from the application and the other with slight LR improvements. You also get to see my To Do List (part of it) and what the day looked like.;)

It's fast, it's intuitive and it's easy. Honestly, for many this is all one really needs...throw it into iPhoto and you can do a little more and you're good to go!

A question - does the Snapseed for iPad offer control points on more than just that Tune Images option?

Really this is very good, but I can see that I'd probably always want to add a little more. Maybe they'll add a Curves adjustment sometime. I'm just being picky because I'm used to Color Efex, etc.

I just love the swipe to adjust, drag up/down to select what you want to adjust. I don't think there are any more control points than what is shown. I'm just loving it on the touch interface.

The downside is the file menu management and the fact that my photos aren't generally on my iPad, so getting photos in/out are a pain.

I wish they'd make a touch screen iMac.

A question - does the Snapseed for iPad offer control points on more than just that Tune Images option?

Really this is very good, but I can see that I'd probably always want to add a little more. Maybe they'll add a Curves adjustment sometime. I'm just being picky because I'm used to Color Efex, etc.

Well, of course, I am hoping that the iPad3 (without a hand stitched leather case, mind you, Bill:tongue:) will be more photography friendly and that we won't need that camera connector, etc.

A touch screen Mac computer would be cool, wouldn't it.

I have yet to try the black and white Snapseed but will eventually, that's for sure. I have seen excellent examples via the iPad, right here on SC.

Well, of course, I am hoping that the iPad3 (without a hand stitched leather case, mind you, Bill:tongue:) will be more photography friendly and that we won't need that camera connector, etc.

If iPad 3 has an SD port... I wont stop off at iPad2. I never had the camera connector kit so all my shots processed on iPad were through the iphoto-->iTunes-->Ipad filter, which I think reduced quality somewhat

Think Different

iCloud … We live in the 21st century shouldn't we do it that way?

nope. i have icloud but i dont like photostream, and besides... i've reverted to the previous iphoto version because i hated seeing the photo i had chosen to edit in photoshop get duplicated in iphoto. couldnt see the point, i never save the edits to iphoto, i just don't have that much space

I thought you had snapseed on your iphone? Its a universal app and will install on your ipad with all the same features... when you get the ipad.

I have the camera connector kit, but it's the file system that's the blocker

I agree on the PRINCIPAL of files in the cloud, but I have a LOT of pics, and I'm still hung on LR right now for most of my work, so I want them all local, which means a lot of synch/copying/management. I just don't think we're quite there yet for cloud management of all your photos. It's still more like a publishing point than a virtual HDD.

When I first opened Snapseed for iMac, my first reaction was: there are some features/tools missing from the iPad version. HOWEVER, upon further review, I found that all features were intact, just some consolidation - very logical - of related tools (e.g. Crop and Straighten, which are separate in iPad version).

Good job, Nik - and thanks for an affordable tool for quick editing!

Back