Apple Snapseed for Mac

'Just downloaded the Mac version. Geezum, what a hit! I choose it as the external editing program for LR. Only issue is I can't seem to find a way to get the Snap Seed edited image to go back into LR as with other program such as Topaz. But, still a great tool. 'Glad I checked this thread.
X10, processed in LR and light PP in Snap Seed.
View attachment 47773
. . . David

David, just save the new Snapseeded version to your desktop (or wherever) and then import to Lightroom. That's what I did and it seemed to work just fine. Then you can, if you wish, rename the photo so it will be in the proper order...

By the way, I've moved both yours, and Chuck's comments about this Mac Snapseed to this thread, rather than keeping them on the iPad Snapseed thread.;)

David, just save the new Snapseeded version to your desktop (or wherever) and then import to Lightroom. That's what I did and it seemed to work just fine. Then you can, if you wish, rename the photo so it will be in the proper order...

By the way, I've moved both yours, and Chuck's comments about this Mac Snapseed to this thread, rather than keeping them on the iPad Snapseed thread.;)

Oops....looks like I got confused - again....:redface: Thanks for the relocation, BB!

BB - thanks. Snapseed is now in my dock and LR sees it as one way to externally edit. But how from Snapseed do you get it back into LR what manually importing it? Or can ya? ;)
Hey, I just posted another image under "X10 Images". Is the "smaller" thumbnail method now the way all images will get imported into the forum? 'Just curious.
. . . David

Sure. After launching LR go to LR Preferences under the Lightroom pull down menu and select "External Editng". 'Looks like 'dis;
p243149380-3.jpg

Now, after you have choosen Snap Seed, when you want to go into Snapseed while working on a photo you can go to the "Photo" pull down menu and select "Edit In". Snapseed will become one of any options.
The problem I find is that while in Snapseed as an external editor one you have finished, unlike other editors such as Topaz, where you can have the photo go back into LR you have to save it and import it back into LR. I imagine Nik wants you to buy their other software offersing for this to work. ;-)
. . . David

Oh, OK, well yes. And as Bill has mentioned they do cost "a tiny bit more".:D

I have Color Efex and Silver Efex but this Snapseed thing can be very handy especially for those who don't and/or you've got a bunch of photos that you really only want to do a little enhancing of and do it quickly.(y)

Truth be told I have not spent enough time fooling around with it to know how everything works...especially the black and white, but I shall.

Yup, they sure do cost a bit more. No argument here. :) Taint' cheap with an educator discount either. That's why I just bought SnapSeed for my iMac. I can handle having the file not loop back through LR. I really like the abilities in Snapseed. I appreciate learning about it being available for the Mac here on the forum too.
. . . David

Back