Snapseed Now Free for Android and iOS

Amin

Hall of Famer
A lot of our members are fans of Nik Software and were worried when Google acquired Nik. The first move shouldn't upset too many people*.

Nik Snapseed, photo editing software for mobile devices as well as Windows and Mac, is now available for both Android and iOS (previously no Android version) and is free on <strike>all platforms</strike> all mobile platforms (previously $4.95 on iOS).

You can get it in the Apple Appstore or Google Play Store.

More information here: Snapseed | Snap it. Tweak it. Love it. Share it.

*Excepting a few who just spent $5 to buy Snapseed.

Correction: This post previously said Snapseed was free on all platforms. The Mac and Windows versions still cost $19.99 each. Only the iOS and Android versions are now free.

I just updated. Not much new except one set of retro filters that I probably won't use much and an entirely new "frames" engine (borders) that gives a lot of options but almost no control over the border once you've chosen it. And no options that come close to the types of borders I generally prefer. Bummer. I guess some new sharing options but I never share straight from snapseed anyway. Overall, slightly worse for my use.

-Ray

And not all android platforms, only 4.0 and up. Missed the bus again though it is getting to be time to upgrade. Not.. just yet though.

Back