Canon Snow days

Hyubie

Top Veteran
Snow finally arrived here in Boston. It has been a very mild winter prior to yesterday - the only snow accumulation I can remember was about 1 inch that disappeared the next morning. I'm not complaining - but I do miss playing in some snow with my kids! :)

So yesterday there was about 2-3 inches, and today it hasn't stopped snowing yet. I took a few shots of my 2 daughters while they're out enjoying the "white sand". Most are taken with a Rebel XSi, last one was with a Fuji X10. :)

As always, C&C are welcome and appreciated.

6731925213_753a416ff1_b.jpg

6731925519_aae3c75ef8_b.jpg

6738118503_c683a58ea7_b.jpg

6738118193_970d9a4658_b.jpg

6738117983_527ffedbeb_b.jpg

Hi! Nice work shooting these beautiful images with the snow around. You asked for C&C so here is my take:

I find the first image to be slightly overexposed (face) but it works for me as it gives your girl even more of an "angel face". To me the second one is slightly underexposed and would be perfect with a +1/3 EV exposure? Apart from that, I have nothing to criticize :)

I'm curious about the bokeh of the first two shots. What lens did you use?

Thanks for posting!

Hi! Nice work shooting these beautiful images with the snow around. You asked for C&C so here is my take:

I find the first image to be slightly overexposed (face) but it works for me as it gives your girl even more of an "angel face". To me the second one is slightly underexposed and would be perfect with a +1/3 EV exposure? Apart from that, I have nothing to criticize :)

I'm curious about the bokeh of the first two shots. What lens did you use?

Thanks for posting!

Hi Julien, I purposely slightly over-exposed that first image - I thought I liked the effect it produced. I was playing with this over-exposure thing just for these shots - I found it had a nice effect with white all around, so the colors really popped out.

As for the lens, again these were taken with the Rebel XSi with the $90 Canon 50mm f/1.8. I'm starting to re-appreciate the Rebel (I tried to sell it but no takers), and as I only have one prime for it, I'm treating it as a fixed-lens DSLR. And I'm really liking the results. :)

As for the lens, again these were taken with the Rebel XSi with the $90 Canon 50mm f/1.8. I'm starting to re-appreciate the Rebel (I tried to sell it but no takers), and as I only have one prime for it, I'm treating it as a fixed-lens DSLR. And I'm really liking the results. :)

Alas, the $90 Canon "Thrifty Fifty" now goes for $105....but still a bargain.

Back