Leica So, I got some interesting street shots...

The Q is a brilliant camera. Using the lens corrections in LR5 takes care of almost any distortion issues caused by the 28mm wide angle. For some types of shooting it's definitely a perfect instrument. However, for certain shots, it cannot produce the results of the M240 with the 50mm f1.4 'Lux.. But there again, no other combo has ever given me the results I get with the M and the 50mm 'Lux :cool:

For instance, same day as the shots of my models I used the M240/50mm and the images looked more like this, no corrections except straightening and export to jpg

L1005030.jpg

It's near by. I think Wax 'n Facts was on Moreland Ave. This was all shot on Euclid. You've been around L5p?

Back in '88 to '92 I drove down to Atlanta from Chattanooga most weekends. I'd get off the 75 on a street that went Eastward down to a street that ran up to the 5 points (someone I know called it little hollywood). From there I would take the side streets up to Lenox Square, then I'd get on a I85 ramp that would take me back to 75 North. The driving was generally very easy around town, except the freeways.

Back in '88 to '92 I drove down to Atlanta from Chattanooga most weekends. I'd get off the 75 on a street that went Eastward down to a street that ran up to the 5 points (someone I know called it little hollywood). From there I would take the side streets up to Lenox Square, then I'd get on a I85 ramp that would take me back to 75 North. The driving was generally very easy around town, except the freeways.

Wow! That's a while ago... L5p has not changed much in substance although there are more newer stores and bars and restaurants. It's still a very bohemian neighborhood. You probably exited onto North Avenue and then turned right on Moreland ave to go the few blocks to L5p. Yes, back in those days traffic was much lighter all around town. It's definitely much more congested now. Also, you'd no recognize much of the area around the Old 4th Ward which is very gentrified... If you come to Atl one of these days, let me know and I'll meet you for a chat, or a shoot, or a meal :D

Much better than I would have guessed ... if you can turn out images like these consistently, you'll amaze the folks at Leica.

Thank you Dale, I was extremely shy of trying out these development techniques from fear of being criticized by the purists. But I decided to just follow my own creative direction. I'm very happy to receive positive feedback!

Back