Fuji So, is this the week the X20 gets released?

I'm very interested to hear the impressions from this forum once it is released. If the the new sensor and AF can perform on par with or exceed the 12mp m43 cameras (i.e. my E-PL1 with the kit lenses) I'd likely consider moving from that camera to the X20 as my go everywhere camera.

My only real experience with a pre-release scramble was with the X100, what, two years ago already? And of course with that we then had the earthquake, tsunami, rumors that X100s (plural, not *the* X100s!) would now be radioactive, and so on. That was misery. Wasn't as fired up over the X10. But I am over the X20 and it's misery again. Let us hope and pray that that is the only thing it has in common with the X100 release, though.

After the nerver-wracking wait for my pre-ordered E-M5, I don't think I'll ever pre-order again. For me waiting for the thing to be released and for ample stock to be available is psychologically easier. Of course being broke helps too!:crying:

After the nerver-wracking wait for my pre-ordered E-M5, I don't think I'll ever pre-order again. For me waiting for the thing to be released and for ample stock to be available is psychologically easier. Of course being broke helps too!:crying:

The X100 and EM5 were worst case examples. The X100 was because of natural disaster, as noted earlier, and the EM5 was just overwhelming (and evidently surprising) demand. I guess there have been other models of other cameras like that, but they're rare. New Panasonic flagship models seem to have had rocky supply chain issues near launch - I remember having to work pretty hard to get a GH2 a couple of years ago and the same seems to have happened with the GH3 just recently. But that's just poor planning, not being overwhelmed by anything (either market or natural forces). The X-Pro was widely available everywhere within about 1-2 days of the launch. Same with the X10. I believe same with the XE1 but no personal experience with that one... But I don't see any reason to assume that either the X100s or X20 will have huge demand issues - they're not groundbreaking new cameras that everyone's clamoring for - they're relatively minor updates to existing cameras with some nice new features/performance enhancements. But barring some freak occurrence, I doubt either one will be particularly hard to get.

-Ray

There certainly seems to be a huge amount of interest in the X100s & X20 since the announcement of them both having the Xtrans sensor and I expect sales will be high.
It will also be interesting to see what impact the X20 has on the Sony RX100 as well as comparisons.
For me, the retro look and active dials make the X20 a winner in looks but lets hope the substance is there as well and I am sure we will get a rish of reviews / images to look at.
Roll on Fuji...........X100s, X20.................XPro-2?

+1. The only thing I have ever preordered was the first iPad. Shouldnt have bothered. Plenty of stock in stores at 9am, and me sitting around waiting for the courier at 1pm. Just not worth it, IMO. The camera (or whatever) will still be there next week or next month (when I have saved enough or sold enough to get it!!).

Also, who knows what teething troubles the first batches of X20/X100s will have? I'm happy for the eager beavers to encounter the little problems which (hopefully) will be sorted out before I'm ready to purchase.

The second mouse gets the cheese ...

-R

Also, who knows what teething troubles the first batches of X20/X100s will have? I'm happy for the eager beavers to encounter the little problems which (hopefully) will be sorted out before I'm ready to purchase.

The second mouse gets the cheese ...

-R

Has anyone gotten a "shipped" notice yet for their X20? Count me as an early mouse hoping not to get squished.
-Bob G

Back