"... so it's just normal for my age?"

I passed that, and was told I did not need another butt-o-scope check for 10 years, when I'm 70.

You know ..... here's what I want ... no, NEED you to do. I really need you to:

1) get a job in a marketing firm.

2) Then I want that marketing firm to be hired by a medical engineering company that makes endoscopes.

3) And then I want you to get into the team that is working on the marketing strategy for their new/upcoming endoscopy products.

4) I want you to make a huge presentation where you say right at the very end: "....AND THE PRODUCT NAME IS .... THE BUTT-O-SCOPE. WE'LL SELL A MILLION OF THESE."

5) I want you to immediately take a photo of everyone in that meeting room, including the CEOs, the Managing Directors, branch managers, every single stakeholder present. I'm talking a photo within the space of 5 seconds of your big reveal.

6) Please post that photo here.

I promise I will click "like" on that photo.

You know ..... here's what I want ... no, NEED you to do. I really need you to:

1) get a job in a marketing firm.

2) Then I want that marketing firm to be hired by a medical engineering company that makes endoscopes.

3) And then I want you to get into the team that is working on the marketing strategy for their new/upcoming endoscopy products.

4) I want you to make a huge presentation where you say right at the very end: "....AND THE PRODUCT NAME IS .... THE BUTT-O-SCOPE. WE'LL SELL A MILLION OF THESE."

5) I want you to immediately take a photo of everyone in that meeting room, including the CEOs, the Managing Directors, branch managers, every single stakeholder present. I'm talking a photo within the space of 5 seconds of your big reveal.

6) Please post that photo here.

I promise I will click "like" on that photo.
Although with the end-o-scope we’re nearly there anyway...

Distance vision OK but some years ago my arms became far too short for reading the newspaper or a book (+2.5). So I'm in the club, too, being on the wrong side of forty for quite some time like Mike and bilzmale.
That's why I love the most intelligent detail of my cameras: just next to the viewfinder some cute guy in the development department put a small wheel. You turn left, you turn right, you stop where everything's sharp ... and you fix the position with adhesive tape. Then you just forget about those specs while doing what you love the most: taking your pics.

Last edited:
My entire life I've worn nothing but blue denim jeans except for those odd years where I worked at a place that required business casual slacks. No black jeans (I hate black jeans!), no overly dark jeans, no white jeans, just blue jeans and usually faded.

This week while doing the wash I was forced to ask myself "When the hell did I buy so many khaki pants and, better yet, when did I start *wearing* khakis?!" So help me, if I look in the mirror one day and see myself wearing khaki shorts with black socks and sandals I think I'll just give up and tell the wife that it's over, it's time for us to move to Florida in a retirement home. 😲

The irony is of course that as photographers is that damned camera snaking it’s way up ones nether regions ain’t ever going to be dignified is it! Let alone cauterising out the various bits that you don’t want!

My entire life I've worn nothing but blue denim jeans except for those odd years where I worked at a place that required business casual slacks. No black jeans (I hate black jeans!), no overly dark jeans, no white jeans, just blue jeans and usually faded.

This week while doing the wash I was forced to ask myself "When the hell did I buy so many khaki pants and, better yet, when did I start *wearing* khakis?!" So help me, if I look in the mirror one day and see myself wearing khaki shorts with black socks and sandals I think I'll just give up and tell the wife that it's over, it's time for us to move to Florida in a retirement home. 😲

>"When the hell did I buy so many khaki pants and, better yet, when did I start *wearing* khakis?!"
Were they on big-time clearance sale, like 90% off or so... If yes, you are just spending the absolute minimum of money to stay covered. If they were not on sale, you should be ashamed of yourself.

>"it's time for us to move to Florida in a retirement home."
My wife would love it if I told her we could pack up and move to Florida. And we have the beach house there already.

Khakis aren't bad. Wait until you wake up one morning and realize half your daily wear wardrobe is nothing but 5.11 and Tru-Spec tac pants and long sleeve patrol shirts (complete with radio handle epaulets and one under the collar buttons). And the other half is Columbia layer fleeces and outerwear. What can I say, I get lonely without all the pockets. I'm honestly pushing the limits at work, but if they're going to make me walk that far from my car to the office building, by darn I'm gonna be comfy.

A couple of years ago I gave up having to make complex fashion decisions on a daily basis. So over a period of 6 months or so, every time we went to the mall I'd drop by Kmart and buy their plain black t-shirt for $5 each. I'd grab maybe 2 of these shirts every time we were at that mall. I now have about 25-30 of these identical shirts hanging in my wardrobe.

So every morning, every day including week days and weekends, I'd wake up and put on the next plain black shirt in the wardrobe and walk out the door with my regular jeans (of which I have several identical pairs). I never have to think about what to wear again and it is liberating.

Yes, I know some people may argue that none of this qualifies as "complex fashion decisions" but .... just leave me be.

I like khakis myself. If I wasn't married I'd be wearing 20 year old faded dockers and khakis non-stop . . . oh wait, that IS what I wear! My wife tries to keep me respectable and buys me new clothes every so often. I do keep a couple of decently nice shirts and Dockers around to wear to church.

Back