So the philosophy is: "Take a camera everywhere and see what happens. . . "

Jock Elliott

Hall of Famer
Sometimes "everywhere" only has to be as far away as my home office window. Taken with a lowly Olympus D-550 not 15 minutes ago.

Deer_in_the_back_yard_005_Medium_.JPG
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Deer_in_the_back_yard_010_Medium_.JPG
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

kyteflyer,

these eat my wife's ribbon grass with great delight.

We live about a half mile from a major technical university, yet we get all kinds of wildlife going through the yard, including lots of deer.

They're pretty widely found in the lower 48 states of the US. Here in Texas, their population is robust to the point of excess in many areas; auto collisions are a significant factor in their mortality. Oh, and they're a popular species for hunting; deer sausage is a common delicacy in season!

They're pretty widely found in the lower 48 states of the US. Here in Texas, their population is robust to the point of excess in many areas; auto collisions are a significant factor in their mortality. Oh, and they're a popular species for hunting; deer sausage is a common delicacy in season!

Same in North Carolina, and they are good eating, unless of course you are a vegetarian. Nice shots.

THey are a real problem here in western VA and WV. There are a lot of traffic accidents. They are also pretty tame, and will cheerfully sit in your yard and eat your flowers.

THey are a real problem here in western VA and WV. There are a lot of traffic accidents. They are also pretty tame, and will cheerfully sit in your yard and eat your flowers.

I get it. So they are just like our kangaroos who insist on their right to eat everything in the garden. I have noticed however that they will not touch lavender, rosemary and artichokes. Roses don't trouble their tongues at all.

Back