Fuji So the Pony Express Passed Through This Morning...

X-S10 / XF70-300 / XF16-80 / Viltrox 13mm

thumbnail

thumbnail

thumbnail

thumbnail

thumbnail

thumbnail

thumbnail

How fun! I am a little dubious that those mail carriers would be able to stick to the rigorous delivery schedule of the Pony Express.
I was watching the real-time schedule (they were carrying a GPS module that updates every five minutes, something that was sorely lacking in the 1800s). In Nevada, they were running a bit late, but by the time they showed up in my neighborhood, they were bang on time to the minute!

How are you processing these @CatsAreGods ? I'm looking specifically at #2 - the tree in the background left middle and the fence and pole all seem to have some wiggles going on
Did you apply a textured preset?
I never use presets (well, very rarely), but I almost always use Topaz DeNoise AI with the Clear setting, as I did here. I usually follow up with Topaz Sharpen AI, but in bright sun like we'll have for the next 4 months, it wasn't necessary. Not sure if leaving it out is what caused the "wiggle weirdness", or I just have to pay more attention to the background when using Clear. I've seen this before occasionally, but only in busy backgrounds. Thanks!

I never use presets (well, very rarely), but I almost always use Topaz DeNoise AI with the Clear setting, as I did here. I usually follow up with Topaz Sharpen AI, but in bright sun like we'll have for the next 4 months, it wasn't necessary. Not sure if leaving it out is what caused the "wiggle weirdness", or I just have to pay more attention to the background when using Clear. I've seen this before occasionally, but only in busy backgrounds. Thanks!
Ah; thank you for outlining your workflow. Do you use LR or C1 or another programme for demosaicing?

Back