Fuji So this is where Xtogs is!

BBW

Legend
Name
BB
Being rather out of the loop of late over on Serious Compacts, I had no idea what everyone was talking about re "Xtogs". Then I looked up at the newish banner and saw the X icon.:blush: Glad I found my way here and hope that in a few months I'll be more than an infrequent visitor. (In the process of renovating, refurbishing and moving.)

Still love my two Fujis and I lust after the XE-1.:drinks:

Thanks, Amin. Now that we are in Nemo blizzard conditions...my thoughts are turning back to photographic discussions. I've been drooling over the X-E1 because it seems as though it would give me my X100 with the options for a variety of lenses... Not being an OVF sort, as long as the EVF is as good or better than the X100's... That said, I must hold off for a few months - and if I'm lucky the prices might come down just a bit.

This looks like a great (AKA dangerous) spot to fuel my camera lust, see some old pals and get to know some new ones.:friends:

I am glad to be here and really do look forward to getting back into Fuji photography as I have more time...been pretty much wedded to iPhone-o-graphy of late.

Aww, Karen - you're so kind to say that! Bill - where I have been is in betwixt and between. We bought an old farmhouse in another state (Connecticut) and have been working on it (read as "spending money" and putting in "sweat equity") while trying to get our current abode up to snuff to rent or sell down here, outside of NYC. Busy, busy... My pix have pretty much been all related to this new place and of late all I have made the time for is some Snapseeding of my iPhone-o-graphs. I must say that I think the Snapseed software is much better on the iPhone than it is on the Mac...and no, I still don't have an iPad - yet!

I've missed you all! :drinks:

For anyone who hasn't been following BB's iPhone shots on Flickr, you owe it to yourself. I'm the last one to get on anyone's case for gear lust (having a chronic and possibly terminal case of it myself), but the way BB is seeing with that damn cell phone camera should cause ANYone to re-examine their shooting and their gear and just say "screw it", whatever I have is waaaaay past good enough to make great art. Because she's doing it regularly on that little 4s...

-Ray

Thank you, Ray - you're very kind, as always. One correction - mine is the pre Siri version, just the 4...not that it matters at all. I have to admit that I have been enjoying the freedom of the small in my backpocketness as well as the wonderful Snapseed ap AND Flickrstacker's upload via the 3G network.

I've come to the conclusion that iPhoneography is a skill. Despite having my first iPhone 5 this year, I have never been able to take a halfway decent picture with it so bravo to BB and all those who manage to get such great shots out of it. I'm impressed ;)

Back