Fuji So what adapter for newer Nikkor glass for XT-1?

Karl

Regular
So I have some Nikkor glass that might be worth keeping when I sell the rest of my Nikon gear (newer 85 1.4 and 105 Macros) and I'm wondering what adapters I should look at to work with these lenses? (Rest of my stuff is older AF zooms that aren't worth the weight to carry around).

Whenever this subject comes up, I always say the same thing - "buy cheap, buy twice" before directing the questioner to kipon, novoflex and fotodiox all of which are well made and reliable in my personal experience. I have had bad experiences with cheap "generic" adaptors from eBay sellers; not made to tolerances/ill fitting (I have had ones that bind, and one that rattled and drooped on the body) I have also had ones that have had swarf on the mount - not what I want on my sensor, thank you. Returns have been problematic too - the sellers of these items tend to dissemble and squirm and try to refuse returns and refunds. Caveat emptor and all that, but I'd stick to the well-made items and not run the risk. Ask yourself this - do you really want to stick a ten quid adaptor between your 500 quid camera and 500 quid lens...?

Hmm.. $300 for the Novoflex.. $30 to $80 for the others. That brings up another question that should be a separate post..

Back