Leica So. .. ... what is that?

Purchased yet another Leica , a Leica IIF. The seller when asked ventured an "old case" might be around. When the beauty did arrive it was protected by a "looks new to me" case. The mint IIf and the mint-looking case also came with another find! inside the case I found a built-in slot. Inside the slot is a "won't come out" red card. Guess its been in there since what 1952(?), I learned long ago not to force when it comes to delicate things. So what is this thing?

This slot was used to hold depth of field charts for lenses- I have several from Nikon S series cases. I also would guess that the box-top of the film would find its way in there. Kodachrome boxes were red and yellow.

With all the references, there's a song coming on:

"Kodahcrome ...
They give us those nice bright colors
They give us the greens of summers
Makes you think all the world's a sunny day
I got a Nikon camera
I love to take a photograph
So mama don't take my Kodachrome away"

I wonder if Paul Simon misses film ...

If only Nikon would do rangefinder digitals, in the style of their film classics. Those were some sexy cameras ...

(Sorry for the IIIf hijack)

I have an old Kalimar self timer. Works great on needful SLR's however it lacks the fat piece (The one that resembles a tire air valve cover) that screws onto the bottom of the self timer to fit a Leica. Anyone have an extra to sell?

Back