Micro 4/3 Some beautiful M4/3 photography.

how interesting .. I looked at them and experienced them as utterly empty and sterile!
... chacun à son goût and all that

I've seen that page before. I'm somewhere in the midst of the reactions. I like some of it quite a bit and some of it somewhat and some of it not at all. I think my favorite photos are the first two landscape shots - I found those pretty breathtaking, particularly the first. And the shoes. But a lot of it doesn't particularly move me.

-Ray

I would find it unusual if anyone liked all of a person's photography to the point of being moved by it.

I always have two mindsets in viewing photographs: the personal (what moves me) and the professional. As a Creative Director I appreciate an eye in designers, photographers, cameramen etc for what is effective in an image, knowing the result can be used to attract a target audience. I may not find an image moving, but I know what is needed for the audience I am assigned to chase.

In this case, I see a photographer with a strong eye and good technique. In addition, I find some of the images very attractive personally.

I'm always impressed by anyone who has "the eye" as I don't! I think the rendering of the B & W pics and the lighting in some of the the other photos does it for me. Perhaps the car pics were a bit dull but I really liked the rest of them.

Christilou / Lili

Car photographs generally have never really reached me either. I mean, I can appreciate a photograph of cars technically, but it's not something I like.

The one exception is old, rusted out cars. I like photographing old, decaying stuff, cars, buildings. My daughter (12) recommends more self-portraits, but I feel she is kind of missing the point. Maybe not.

Back