some light, and some Mackie lines

the second one kinda looks like a wood block print. The first is pure beauty and number 3 is obscure enough that I want to figure out what is going, but then after awhile, I just don;t care, I like the shadow and light and could care less what the "subject" might be.

You've got some serious art stuff going on there pdh. Very nice. If it wasn't quite so good it would inspire me to try and do the same. But at this level I know I have no chance to match it. You have effectively crushed my spirit!

If I were a watcher of TOWIE etc I'd say - "Well Jell".

Hmm I'm not sure whether that's a compliment or not ...

(for non-UK types, TOWIE is the acronym of an inexplicably popular "scripted reality" television series, whose name I cannot bring myself to spell out in full, and the sheer unmitigated horror of which has to be seen to be believed)

If you look at the bottom half of #2 (you might have to click through to look at it large) you'll see distinct dark boundaries around the edges of some of the leaves at the right hand side and round the blossom petals right at the end of the branch. Those are Mackie lines.

I expect you found your way to the wikipedia entry - Mackie line - Wikipedia, - but I'm not sure what I can add to that without going into a tutorial on how development works (and my grasp of things is pretty flaky, so I wouldn't recommend that)

If you are desperate to know more - and you must have got a Chemistry A-level to have got onto a Vet degree - the modern reference text for photographic chemistry is apparently Haist's Modern Photographic Processing Vols 1&2 - it'll only cost about £200 for the pair and will give you something to read in the long winter nights up there in Caledonia :D

Ah, okay, I see it. Looks a bit like the effect when you set a piece of paper on fire in the middle ( sort of). Being Scottish we don't do A levels, but I do have CSYS Chemistry and degree level Biochemistry and Pharmacology, but my long winter nights are unlikely to be spend with my nose in a textbook for another few years - I've done enough of that for a while!. That said I do have a specific biochemical theory I'm working on which will require an increased understanding of the minute details of metabolism. So it's textbooks after all - bleugh.
We are in the long summer nights just now, if the clouds clear you can play golf at midnight. I came home at 11.30pm last night and it was light enough to see by. Fabulous.

However it is you make it happen, you're doing a great job with it, a lovely effect and some cracking artwork resulting

Running short on the photographs just now. Have really run myself into the ground to be honest, looking forward to a week off work to remember who I am, not just what I do.

Back