Lens some Minolta glass

lucien

Legend
I have 3 lens that aren't worth selling because they were dirt cheap. Instead of taking a loss, how can I convert them to Nikon? The body in question is a Nikon D7100 I will need some sort of adapter of course. Is anyone familiar with what I would need. Lenses, Tamron 70-300mm 4-5.6 ff for minolta maxxum A7, Konica Minolta AD DT 18-70 macro 3.5-5.6 D and macro this one I know is for aps-c after the fact and dirt cheap. Last but not least is Minolta af 70-210mm f3.5-4.5

Thanks in advance,

The Nikon F-Mount has a large image=to-flange distance, larger than Minolta. Any adapter would need an glass element in it, lowering the performance of the lens.

You are best to trade them or sell them. or pick up a body that you can use them with.

Thanks for your imput. I have an maxxum A7
but the 18-70mm was designed for aps-c wont work on ff. The other lens work on the camera as well but the iq is subpar

If I sell the lot. I would get about $75 not factoring shipping?

All is well

If the Minolta body is working- keep them.

$75 sounds in the ballpark. Slower AF-Zooms do not go for much, a 50/1.4 will get more.
You might try a want-to-trade and see what you get.

It has a glass element in it to extend the backfocus of the lens.

You would be better off buying Nikon lenses. My AF-D Nikkor 28~105 was not much more than that.

I have a lot of Nikon glass, I just didn't know what to do with those 3. The 18-70mm minolta is aps-c so I'm going to have a lot of vignetting on the A7. Because it's full frame. What would you reccomend from this list?

Minolta MD mount is different- is for the older manual focus systems.

Rather than use the Minolta lenses that you have on the Nikon, I would just use the Nikon lenses on it.

The APS-C lens- gives interesting results on full frame. I would not worry about vignetting, just use for that effect.

Back