Fuji Some new X-Pro 1 samples

I'm running away and covering my eyes!

Just kidding. This looks as though it's going to be an excellent camera - camera system, I suppose I should say. First impressions - Wow!

Here is a link to the TOP article:

hmm those images from the fletcher blog don;t look as impressive as those i saw from the other thread

@BB - that link is broken for me

Armando said he clicked both links and immediately got a computer virus. I've deleted them until we find out what is going on here.

Sent from my HTC Mecha using Forum Runner.

I hope it's just me. On Pelao's link, I was taken to the website. Browsed at the pics. Closed it. Then I clicked on BB's link, and shortly after that, I got hit with a virus. Not sure what happened, but I definitely have a virus now. Using my laptop now and trying to debug the desktop. The bug is trying to get me to "buy" anti-virus software, and it's running a fake virus scan on my computer.

I hope it's just me. On Pelao's link, I was taken to the website. Browsed at the pics. Closed it. Then I clicked on BB's link, and shortly after that, I got hit with a virus. Not sure what happened, but I definitely have a virus now. Using my laptop now and trying to debug the desktop. The bug is trying to get me to "buy" anti-virus software, and it's running a fake virus scan on my computer.

Armando, I had a virus like that and was able to fix it by doing a system restore. If you have a system restore available and are able to access it, it might save you some pain.

Sent from my HTC Mecha using Tapatalk

no virus problem here fortunately .
For me, the TOP link got parsed as a huge string starting with a referral via viglink. I'll pm you the link if it's helpful Amin

oops just found this at TOP ...

Blog Note

Had some trouble today. There were two camera posts published that both had problems. The first pointed to a link to a site (with Fuji XPro-1 samples) that we subsequently discovered contained a trojan. Sincere apologies if anyone was adversely affected by this.

Wow, I am so sorry! (No virus for me...thankfully...yes, Bill, me, too.)

I am very glad you all figured this out!

Can you explain what and why something like this happens? Is this implying that the virus was attached to that first linked site on purpose?

Well, um, apologies folks. I see TOP has removed the offending link. It worked fine for me earlier, and works fine now too.

Armanius - sorry about your desktop. I am running a Mac, so maybe that's why I never noticed any issues.

Thanks Pelao! No biggie. Not your fault someone sneaked a viral link in there. It does make me angry that hackers do stuff like this to fool people into buying fake software to "clean" their computer. And then probably scam them further by using their credit card info. If I could get face to face with whoever does stuff like this ....

Wow, I am so sorry! (No virus for me...thankfully...yes, Bill, me, too.)

I am very glad you all figured this out!

Can you explain what and why something like this happens? Is this implying that the virus was attached to that first linked site on purpose?

Probably not. Someone probably hacked the site and replaced the link with a viral one.

Back