Some New Years Day Urbex

entropic remnants

Hall of Famer
Name
John Griggs
Although the trip was disappointing in some ways...

Basically, we intended to do a New Years day incursion on an abandoned power plant -- but a different power-that-is has welded the place up tight. Went to another power plant... got on the grounds this time, but couldn't get in... welded up tight AGAIN.

Finally settled for an abandoned elementary school distinguished by a rooftop playground, basketball court, etc. Stayed through sunset. Some fun pics -- but not what we went for.

Big props to the NoVA group I went with (second trip with them) and I had a great time playing with children my own age, lol.

11698499025_be37f4a17f_b.jpg

Disappointment: Haunting Presence by Entropic Remnants, on Flickr

11698739213_876902b8bf_b.jpg

Disappointment: Richard Shoots Under the Bridge by Entropic Remnants, on Flickr

11698738343_cf5f1c0e91_b.jpg

Disappointment: Philly at Sunset by Entropic Remnants, on Flickr

11698866664_bce6754780_b.jpg

Disappointment: Playground on the Roof at Sunset by Entropic Remnants, on Flickr

Very cool especially the sunset shots. That one of the sunset through the broken window is awesome!

Once again looking at these there makes me wish people would either quit with the graffiti, or at least make it truly artistic, like paint a mural or something. Ah well :tongue:

Man ... I'll trade my good stuff for your disappointments anyday.

Gary

lol! Thanks, Gary -- I like the photos okay but I really, REALLY wanted to get into that first power plant (of which I have no pictures here).

I do have a "plan B", but it involves helicopter gunships and exploding marker buoys in the river and I don't think I have the funds for it... back to the drawing board.

Back