Some of the first images taken with my Fuji X-Pro1

Stephen S

Veteran
Name
Stephen Scharf
Hi Gang,
Just joined today and posted an introduction in the Intros and Welcome forum. I just found this forum today.

I've had my X-Pro1 since November 2012, and it has completely revitalized and refreshed my love for photography.

Here's some of the first shots I took with my XP1 after getting it in late 2012:

Napa Valley area in fall color
Napa%20Valley-4.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Napa%20Valley-5.jpg

San Francisco right after the Giants won the World Series in 2012
Giants-Champions.jpg

Pigeon Point Light House near Half Moon Bay, Northern California
PPLandCloudsWeb.jpg

Stephen - very nice images. 'Glad you are enjoying your new X Pro1, I'm liking mine the more I use it especially the OVF. By the way, the lighthouse image is exceptional. Well seen.
. . . David

Thanks, David, Actually, I've had my X-Pro1 for well over a year now; those photos were some of the very first I took back when I got mine in Nov. 2012 (before all the good firmware upgrades came out). Thanks for comments on the Lighthouse shot, that certainly was the best photo I had taken with the X-Pro1 up to that point in time. I took that shot on Dec. 20, 2012, and it was bitterly cold out with a strong wind blowing. I waited and waited for the light at sundown to get just right....and thought I would freeze in the interim. I took that with the Fuji 18mm lens, and I was so cold and the wind was blowing so hard that I was worried about motion blur in the shot from shivering from the cold and the wind pushing me around.

Looking through the archives and found some additional images that were amongst the first I ever took with my X-Pro1

Pamponio State Beach near Half Moon Bay, CA

Pomponio%20Beach%20X-Pro1.jpg

The lighthouse at Pigeon Point. This was a 30 second shot at f/5.6; and it was REALLY dark. The light you see on the lighthouse and fence was from the cabins across the sidewalk. Shows nicely the dynamic range of the camera.
Pidgeon%20Point%20LH%20X-Pro1.jpg

Where I used to work at our Pleasanton, CA site (sigh...I miss working there)
Work%204-2.jpg

Fall-Color.jpg

My favorite sushi place in Pleasanton, CA. ISO 6400!
Pleasanton-6.jpg

Back