Fuji Some quick thoughts on the X-T3

Bobby T

Out Of Nowhere
I won't do a big write up. Andrew has already written a really good review on the X-T3. And if my memory of that serves me correctly, I agree with his findings.

The T3 is a very solid feeling camera. With the button presses, etc. feeling like Fuji finally settled into a good groove for camera design. The AF performance with the firmware 3.something which was on the camera. Was already better than the X-Pro2/X-E3, and even the X-T2/with battery grip in performance boost mode. For those who don't know, the T2 gets it's best performance in AF and EVF with the grip and 3 batteries. After installing Firmware 4.0, The X-T3 leaves everything in the Fuji lineup pretty far behind. Of course, with the exception of the X-T4 and X-Pro3. The EVF and rear LCD are both amazing. One other thing of note. Which is one of those small changes, which is a majorly welcome change for me. The locking diopter adjustment wheel is one of my favorite upgrades. One last thing worth mentioning. For Capture One users, Classic Negative is available for raw files. Despite CN not being available in the T3 itself.

I'm very happy with mine. I may be in the minority as a non-YouTube star, but I don't want the "flIppy screen" on the X-T4. I have tried them, and very awkward to use if you are using it at a lower angle to compose/focus. It's like trying to drive while looking out to a screen on the side of the car.

I feel the XT3 is the best value in Fuji flagship cameras right now.

Ever since the firmware 4.0, it’s hard to beat unless you “need” IBIS and a fully articulating screen.

One could argue that if you are serious about video, you’ll go for an external monitor anyway that has better features and a much larger screen.

If you need stabilization, a gimbal is a better way to go as well.

If you follow that thought, then the XT3 makes a lot more sense. You are not paying for the latest and greatest in camera tech unnecessarily.

Just my opinion though.

I’ve been using consumer zooms on my XT3 , and it fair’s pretty well. I’d love to throw a more performance oriented set of zooms on there and see how it does.

I’ve been using consumer zooms on my XT3 , and it fair’s pretty well. I’d love to throw a more performance oriented set of zooms on there and see how it does.
As someone who changed his entire kit to the X-T3 with pair of the red badge zooms. I can say it does very well. So well for me, that not once have I thought that I need to add a prime or two back into the kit. I'm not even feeling that want to go back to a rangefinder style body. Which I came to love after switching from Canon to Fuji in January of 2014. I know later in the year I will want/need something with a lot more reach than the 50-140. And the only GAS curiosity I have now, is shooting with the 8-16mm. But that would be an expensive thing to satisfy a curiosity.

Been looking for one but nothing available that I can find or reach. Just have to wait 'till B&H gets more in. :(
Found One! :cloud-9-039: Now the wait begins ........
giphy fingers.gif

Back