Stroll Some shots from Oxford

pdk42

All-Pro
Name
Paul
First sun today here in England in what seemed like forever, so I decided to get out and take some shots. I hadn't visited Oxford for a while, so I thought "why not?". Lots of opportunities for photos for sure, but despite trying, I find Oxford a hard place to like. Maybe it's the buses and the traffic, maybe it's the tourists, or maybe it's because I lived near Cambridge for over 15 years and sort of have a prejudice for "the other place"! Anyhow, I was not too unhappy with the shots I got, so I shouldn't complain too much!

College Arches
PENF1342_1280.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Bridge of Sighs
PENF1352_1280.jpg

Just a street in Oxford
PENF1361-HDR_1280.jpg

Another street in Oxford
PENF1370-HDR_1280.jpg

Magdalen College
PENF1394-HDR_1280.jpg

Punts
PENF1407_1280.jpg

Magdalen College
PENF1409_1280.jpg

Last light on Oxford
PENF1434-HDR_1280.jpg

Follow me!
PENF1457_1280.jpg

Another street in Oxford
PENF1460-HDR_1280.jpg

First sun today here in England in what seemed like forever, so I decided to get out and take some shots. I hadn't visited Oxford for a while, so I thought "why not?". Lots of opportunities for photos for sure, but despite trying, I find Oxford a hard place to like. Maybe it's the buses and the traffic, maybe it's the tourists, or maybe it's because I lived near Cambridge for over 15 years and sort of have a prejudice for "the other place"! Anyhow, I was not too unhappy with the shots I got, so I shouldn't complain too much!

College Arches
View attachment 284245

Bridge of Sighs
View attachment 284246

Just a street in Oxford
View attachment 284247

Another street in Oxford
View attachment 284248

Magdalen College
View attachment 284249

Punts
View attachment 284250

Magdalen College
View attachment 284251

Last light on Oxford
View attachment 284252

Follow me!
View attachment 284253

Another street in Oxford
View attachment 284254

Lovely colors. Can you comment on post processing to achieve ? I have a Pen F and the same 17 mm lens but my images processed in Lightroom rarely have the warmth of you Oxford series. Perhaps some of it is the natural light on winter days?

Lovely colors. Can you comment on post processing to achieve ? I have a Pen F and the same 17 mm lens but my images processed in Lightroom rarely have the warmth of you Oxford series. Perhaps some of it is the natural light on winter days?
A number of them are stacks of two or three exposure bracketed shots, but other than that I didn't do a lot with them to be honest. The warmth is probably the low sun and British winter! They are all raw processed in LR.

Back