Some thoughts while wandering with an RX100

drd1135

Zen Snapshooter
Name
Steve
During our recent trip to Disney, I got really tired of carrying even the relatively small Olympus EM5ii and 60 macro. My wife wasn't using her RX100 so I tried that for a while. A pocketable camera was very nice. Before I get too excited I want to look at the results on a monitor bigger than the 3 inch LCD, but it was more fun to use than I had anticipated. If I am happy with the results, I will probably look to sell one of my mu43 bodies and lenses and look at a 1 inch compact. I suspect I will lean toward the rx100 iii since I really do need a viewfinder on bright days and it's one of the few with an EVF that is still pocketable. The zoom range is a bit small but the lens looks petty good. I know many if you have gone down this road before so I'm looking for suggestions, feedback, sage advice, random comments, etc. I currently have a Q7 and Coolpix A as my current little cameras.

During our recent trip to Disney, I got really tired of carrying even the relatively small Olympus EM5ii and 60 macro. My wife wasn't using her RX100 so I tried that for a while. A pocketable camera was very nice. Before I get too excited I want to look at the results on a monitor bigger than the 3 inch LCD, but it was more fun to use than I had anticipated. If I am happy with the results, I will probably look to sell one of my mu43 bodies and lenses and look at a 1 inch compact. I suspect I will lean toward the rx100 iii since I really do need a viewfinder on bright days and it's one of the few with an EVF that is still pocketable. The zoom range is a bit small but the lens looks petty good. I know many if you have gone down this road before so I'm looking for suggestions, feedback, sage advice, random comments, etc. I currently have a Q7 and Coolpix A as my current little cameras.
How do you find the image quality of the RX100 in comparison to your Coolpix A?

Back