Someone stole my Bike

Name
Tim Williams
You can't turn your back on anything. I hate when things I've worked hard for disappear for no good reason. Already painted and resold I'm sure. Checked all the Pawn shops to no avail. Oh well, I hope they enjoy it. Off to find a replacement tomorrow I guess. Just pissed.
Marlin-L.jpg

I feel for you - my favourite bike was stolen last year (out of a locked room - go figure ...). It's a nuisance as well as a real loss if something like that happens. For me, it actually took the joy out for biking to some extend ... I sincerely hope you'll find a new ride to help you over this ...

M.

The little town I live in is a bike/wind sports mecca. There are a LOT of $4,000 ($8,000, $10,000) bikes around here. Police last year told us one common theft method is that thieves have a van, come down the interstate, cruise through town slowly looking for unlocked bikes on car racks, then grab and go right back onto the interstate quickly.

A friend of mine, a keen motorcyclist, told me it's not even uncommon these days for people to drive around in vans and just lift a parked motorbike into the back of the van and drive off. Hope your enthusiasm isn't killed off.

Well up until recently I have had faith in my fellow man to police himself in my little home town. No more. I have had two very valuable possessions ( to me anyway ) stolen in the last 3 months. My little home town I once walked to the movie theater by myself when I was very young with a quarter my parents gave me. I am sick at my stomach the way things have become. I won't get started .Gut all thieves.

Well up until recently I have had faith in my fellow man to police himself in my little home town. No more. I have had two very valuable possessions ( to me anyway ) stolen in the last 3 months. My little home town I once walked to the movie theater by myself when I was very young with a quarter my parents gave me. I am sick at my stomach the way things have become. I won't get started .Gut all thieves.

Don't let the thieves also steal your love of cycling.

I can highly recommend the folding locks ABUS makes (really any lock they make, they're a fabulous bike lock maker), the "Bordo" line:
Thanks Kyle, I'll look into these. Gonna try to find a new or used steed tomorrow. I don't need top of the line anymore. I have a Trek dealer here and their middle tier will hold up under me, although I will test them and my body.(y)
Crash-XL.jpg

Nah Luke, i have to disagree with you there... It's culture and circumstances related, but in a society with enough money for everyone to live a dignified life and a culture of doing the right thing or at least respecting each other, I am convinced it's only a minority of fully grown adults that are filth...

That doesnt change the disgust you feel when people steal stuff that you care about, or in general show disregard for other peoples wellbeing, though... Sorry to hear of the bike, as others said, don't let it ruin your enjoyment!

Back