Someone stole my Bike

Nah Luke, i have to disagree with you there... It's culture and circumstances related, but in a society with enough money for everyone to live a dignified life and a culture of doing the right thing or at least respecting each other, I am convinced it's only a minority of fully grown adults that are filth...

You're probably right...it just seems to get worse and worse every year.

Last edited:
Maybe I need to change the word "humanity" to "Americans"

I think America might've become too competitive for its own good... Such a sharp divide between winners and losers, and a culture that historically glorifies struggle and "winning at any cost"... Although i might be veering off into politics here, which I shouldn't. I do know plenty of genuinely kind and caring Americans, though, so I havent given up all hope for your country!

You're probably right.

*puts on moderator robes*

But we should keep the conversation on the stealing of the bike and veer it away from a conversation about what ails America.....that's definitely a politics discussion.

A friend of mine, a keen motorcyclist, told me it's not even uncommon these days for people to drive around in vans and just lift a parked motorbike into the back of the van and drive off.
That's why it's always worth locking your bike / motorcycle to something substantial rather than just to itself.

That's a condition of our bike insurance - it's only valid if the bikes are locked to something substantial and immobile. At home, just having them locked to each other and to an 8-foot metal ladder inside a locked shed wasn't good enough, I had to create a hard point on the shed wall to keep the insurers happy.

-R

Sorry to hear this bad news, Tim. Bikes seem like more than just machines to many of us; they're a real companion and reminder of special times and places.

Here's hoping you'll be reconnected with your bike, or find a new one you enjoy.

I tried the Roscoe 7 by Trek and the X-Caliber 8, also by Trek and also a new version of my bike the Marlin 7. The first two are more High end than I need but I really liked the Roscoe. It is a oversized tire bike but not a fat bike. It's very stable and yet surprisingly nimble. It was my pick of the days testing. It was a real confidence builder on some sketchy terrain. To do my bike again would be 700.00, the other two are close to 1000.00. These are all way below top end mountain bikes (5,000-10,000 dollars ) but that's too much money and bike for me. Also tried a Specialized Rockhopper I believe, very nice but almost 2,000 bucks. I've put a 1000.00 dollar limit on this purchase and not getting in a hurry to buy one. Looking used now. I like Trek Bikes and I know the dealers pretty well so that's probably the way I will go.

Love that Roscoe. The tire size is a newish development, called "27 5 Plus", or "27.5+" on paper. Smaller diameter than the more common recent defacto 29" tires, but nice and chunky width to really hold traction well. Also a big fan of a 1x drivetrain, and hydraulic brakes, so yeah this is everything at a good price.

Here is the new steed come Saturday. Roscoe 7. Trek does a great job with product photography. I'd give them 20 bucks for that picture lol.
Roscoe%207-XL.jpg

Back