Someone stole my Bike

Looking for suggestions on handlebar bags. I have never had one. Going to have a back rack and bags for bike packing, just need some ideas for a camera bag up front. XT-1, ungripped and maybe a 35 f2 or something small and water resistant, don't know yet.

So here's what I use, and like, on our electric mountain bike. The Axiom Barkeep 9, though they make other models...

Barkeep DLX 9 - Handlebar Bags - Bags/Panniers - Products - Axiom Cycling Gear

Here's what I like:

1. Quick disconnect from a bar mount bracket. So when you don't want it, take it off in seconds. But it's secure when it's on. Or, stop somewhere and go inside, just take the bag with you instead of worrying about it out on the bike.
2. It's pretty much exactly big enough for a Domke FXB-5 (Amazon.com : Domke F-5XB Shoulder/Belt Bag (Sand) : Camera Cases : Camera & Photo) to drop in. Delightful to use with an XT1 and a few lenses.
3. Comes with a waterproof cover.
4. Not expensive, for how well made it is.
5. Lid is hinged in front, meaning it blows back and closes itself with forward motion if you left it unclipped.

I'm sure there's other great stuff, but I love mine.

And to be more specific, I drop my Domke bag into the Axiom, with the camera bag's cover wrapped around under it, so when I open the Axiom lid, I can grab the camera.

I first ran across that brand when we did a guided tour for 6 days in Eastern Oregon. I rode one of their bikes, which came with a larger version of the BarKeep. So I had my Domke in it, always accessible, and for six days I was in heaven. I got home, and missed it.

Picked up the Roscoe today and all I can say is this thing is "Bad Ass". With the big tires it doesn't glide across the pavement but in the rough stuff it really shines. Bags will be in within a week, so I will update pics then.

A snap in my yard. The reflectors have to go along with the lights being installed. Almost 300.00 in upgrades coming. Sweet Bike.
Trek-XL.jpg

Last edited:
Picked up the Roscoe today and all I can say is this thing is "Bad Ass". With the big tires it doesn't glide across the pavement but in the rough stuff it really shines. Bags will be in within a week, so I will update pics then.

A snap in my yard. The reflectors have to go along with the lights being installed. Almost 300.00 in upgrades coming. Sweet Bike.View attachment 184999

Nice look. It should have been named Stealth instead of Roscoe since it has the aesthetic of one of those high tech planes.

Well I did 10 miles yesterday with the Roscoe. The gearing on the 1X is almost perfect for me. Tires soak up bumps fairly well. I finished with plenty of gas still in the tank but have to take it easy in this heat. It will jump on you out of nowhere. Will step it up next week.(y)

Very nice! 10 miles offroad is like 40 on-road... if that's what you did. Speaking of, I did 47 with a group from my cyclocross team this past Saturday. 4,000 ft of climbing, and some wildfire smoke in the air meant I went to bed with a headache. It was a lot of work, but I went the whole route (some folks peeled off for the easy route home). Brought the XT1 and 27 pancake with me in the bar bag, which surprised those guys. They reliably bring nothing but water and a credit card, riding featherweight bikes and being ounce-conscious. I figured, if I can't do it with at least the pancake27'd XT1 with me, I don't wanna do it period.

Stupid pics are on the sd card at home or I'd share.

I figured, if I can't do it with at least the pancake27'd XT1 with me, I don't wanna do it period.
HaHa, yeah the Roscoe is heavy enough that the XT1 and 27 would make no difference.
The 10 miles was on mostly hard pack singletrack , about 1 mile in it pitched up fairly well for Florida for 4 miles before leveling out and then a couple downhill miles coming home. Fun little ride.
47 miles on or off road is a damn good ride especially in smoky conditions. I will begin to put in more miles this weekend. I'll have the XT1 and 35 f2 in the bag. Hope to get some shots Saturday. I will turn on Strava to map the course but GPS tracking is sketchy at best in the Reserve. Pics will be better hopefully.

Last edited:
Back