Someone stole my Bike

Where I ride trails, narrow bars are a necessity. Too many trees. It’s difficult to adjust to the newer wider spec; they feel slow to respond. But they look good...

Yes.... yes the "baseball bat" bars, as I call them, are now the defacto standard on offroad bikes, unless they're drop bar dirt bikes. And I do -not- get it. I really like a nice 40-45 degree bend for my wrists, makes my hands happy all day. I went with (and love) a Velo Orange made bar called the Postino. Somewhat narrow, 45 degree bend, aluminum so they're very light, and $32.

38693574572_8b19a65038_b.jpg
KBRX5435
by gordopuggy, on Flickr

Postino Handlebar

I've been on several rides with friends at the local intense trails, and on those twisty bits through the trees, they're swaying and ducking to get those massive flat bars around corners without hitting a grip on a tree. I have no such issues.

Well after reading that I'm definitely going to give them a try. The bars on the Roscoe are way to wide. The one thing on the bike that has to go.
Edit: Being in the weight room last night for the first time in forever made the 10 miles I did today harder than they needed to be. This was an easy little course, just no energy. Legs were burned out from squats. Rest tomorrow

Last edited:
22" is what feel right to me, on my old carbon Profile flat bar. It seemed very narrow on the first ride then intuitive after. I wonder if the wide bar thing will last at all...

Balm, Boyette. 20 miles of fairly easy to your going to die if you make a mistake. Love this place. 50 miles away but, might be dry enough to ride this weekend.
Balm%20Boyette-L.jpg

Well it has rained some pretty strong rains every day for 8 days. Did some cross country miles, at least their off road and it's dry enough to ride. Just riding and looking. None of the local trails are usable. All underwater with Gators swimming in them. Not kidding.

Last edited:
Back