Something funny from the post office

Jock Elliott

Hall of Famer
So Friday, I get a plastic bag in the mail from the US Postal Service . . .

items from post office 002-001.JPG
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

It contains a heartfelt letter . . .

items from post office 004-001.JPG

And one very mangled label. No letter, no package attached, mind you . . . just the label.

items from post office 005-001.JPG

Sigh.

Cheers, Jock

Speaking of delivery horror stories, a month ago we had a non-USPS package stall in tracking for a week. It was around that time some random person reached out to us via some neighborhood website. They said they were walking their dog on a recreational trail (not that close to our home), and came across a spot where multiple packages had been dumped in the woods. Most of the packages were ripped open and a lost cause, but they said ours looked to be opened but mostly intact. I cautiously drove over to this Good Samaritan’s home and, sure enough, everything was accounted for. I’m guessing we would have been on our own to file a claim when that one never delivered.

We aren’t sure what the deal was, either a rampant package thief or a disgruntled delivery guy. It was all kids clothes in our order, so whoever opened it was not interested in what we had.

Last edited:
FedEx?
Yeah, I saw that. It was UPS on this one though. I kinda suspect someone knocked off the truck, as it never was marked as delivered. Our delivery folks are usually really good, though one of our mail carriers can be a bit lazy on outgoing pickups, and he has a tendency to put packages on the uncovered half of the porch to get soaked by rain. We’re talking a matter of moving it 2 feet and it’s out of the weather. :doh:

Back